Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to get a 10/22. I intend to leave it stock, but I'm an accuracy nut. Which cofig should I get for out of the box accuracy and then which is best base for modifications

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wood buy the plain jane cheap one. Remove the barrel and stock. Buy a new stock and barrel from one of our sponsors use the tips section on your trigger group and you will be all set.
Ten ring

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you want to leave it stock and want the most accurate 10/22 possible, get the targer model. They are extremely accurate and cost less than modifying a base model to shoot as good (usually). The target model is a beautiful gun with a hammer forged barrel that looks great. Check out Ruger's website for more info on it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If I were you I'd modify my own before I put money into a target model.
A target model around here costs about $350, a standard model costs about $160. With that $190 you can get a nice stock/barrel combo to go on you standard model, sell your factory stock and barrel for 20 bucks a piece and then you'd have $230 to spend instead of buying the Target model.
The hammer forged barrels are pretty though...

That's just my opinion.

If you want a non Target model then I don't think there's an accuracy difference between any of them. You can do the trigger work yourself if you've got the tinkering ability and confidence or put $30 into a Volquartsen hammer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have a Dick's Sporting Goods near you, check them out. They have the basic blue carbine on sale for $150 this week (and next, I think.) That is $10 less than the Wal-Mart regular price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I was mulling over you advice and went to wally world to check prices. I bought the one they had in stock. I just snapped (come on you've been there) and forgot all adivce. Any way its the stainless long barrel with a checkered wood stock.

Thanks again (I'm off to try it out )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.