Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2305 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just picked up a Mora Bushcraft Survival BlackBlade. Sheath comes with an integrated fire starter and a diamond sharpener. It's not a "survival" knife in my opinion - too short - bush craft in my opinion. Put it on a belt I wear when using a carbine length firearm. Looking forward to taking that combination on some walkabouts and see how it performs.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
My 25 year old Randall #26 Pathfinder on top, a new Pathfinder on the bottom is the new knife I bought. The old one has been through many a deer and has proven to be the perfect knife for me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I picked up another Randall this month as well.

They finally offered their 75th Anniversary knife. It was supposed to be out around 2013 but two of their senior knifemakers in the shop retired, taking >100yrs of experience with them. Some other delays and then COVID, they finally announced them in 2020.

Only 200 made, lottery system for an opportunity to buy one.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I picked up another Randall this month as well.

They finally offered their 75th Anniversary knife. It was supposed to be out around 2013 but two of their senior knifemakers in the shop retired, taking >100yrs of experience with them. Some other delays and then COVID, they finally announced them in 2020.

Only 200 made, lottery system for an opportunity to buy one.

I'm glad I didn't opt for one, just not my style. I would have sold it. I have heard a few complaints about the quality of it.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I'm glad I didn't opt for one, just not my style. I would have sold it. I have heard a few complaints about the quality of it.
Not my style, either.

These are selling on the secondary market for 2x the cost and one on eBay listed for 3x (hasn't sold yet).

Something for the kids to fight over when I die. :p

Dood! Don't harsh his mellow.....
I agree with e40, there's not much to appreciate with the "Astro" style other than the historical context. The rule of "buy the knife, don't buy the story" is true, until it isn't. :)

It's kinda cute, even if impractical. I'll put it up in my display.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Not my style, either.

These are selling on the secondary market for 2x the cost and one on eBay listed for 3x (hasn't sold yet).

Something for the kids to fight over when I die. :p

I agree with e40, there's not much to appreciate with the "Astro" style other than the historical context. The rule of "buy the knife, don't buy the story" is true, until it isn't. :)

It's kinda cute, even if impractical. I'll put it up in my display.
Yeah, I saw some of the prices. Yikes!!! Put XX of XXX production and people think they are worth three times the going price - selling and buying, I have seen a couple sell at those prices.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Added another cord wrapped to the collection. This is a Kiridashi, by James Helm, left hand. If you're not familiar with James, he makes several hard core knives some really large, like his Carcass Splitter or tactical like his Bengazi Warfighter. This is forged from 80crv2, hemp wrapped. Came with a Boltaron sheath. James is a past Forged in Fire winner, too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This B&T just came from a maker in Croatia. Hard to beat what some of the Europeans are doing. This is forged, rag micarta, tapered tang, red liners, leather sheath for $100.00 shipped!

2241 - 2260 of 2305 Posts