·
Registered
296 Posts
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek #1660
Kershaw OD-2 #1770CKTX

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bought a Kershaw Barrage this month, because of its reputation for being lightening-fast. But I don't like it. Its thumb-stud seems to be located in the wrong spot for quick opening.
I've got a SOG Blink like that. It is a really nice knife that I can't stand to carry because of how hard it is to open.

The Kershaw OD-2 was a little weird to get used to after my familiarity with the Chive and Leek. The OD-1 looks pretty similar to your Barrage but with the flicker opener. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
1. Gerber Profile II folder (received as a gift)

2. Schrade "Uncle Henry" vintage (USA) trapper with custom Sambar stag handles.

3. Schrade Walden (USA) cigar box trapper, jigged bone handles with threaded nickel silver bolsters. Knife came with Schrade Walden cigar box.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Limited, black/white/silver scales & polished SS blade. Superb knife.

Gerber EZ-Out, black scales w/Kraton inserts & satin SS blade, partially serrated. Very nice, light knife w/3.5" blade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought 3

A local Anaconda (Camping & Outdoors) Store here in Australia was selling Camillus knives. Once I found out that this company has ceased production, and saw the quality, I bought the following:

1) 3 blade "Whittler"
2) 2 blade "Gran'pa"
3) Single blade "Gran'pa

They were selling for 50% off, so I guess that means I was buying at the normal price for you lucky Americans:bthumb: Don't even ask what I paid for a CZ Full Stock:mad:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've got a SOG Blink like that. It is a really nice knife that I can't stand to carry because of how hard it is to open.
Really? The SOG Blink? Mine's just the opposite; it's my every day carry knife because of the ease with which it opens, and its flat, pocket-friendly profile. I spent the last few days digging diches, however, and it collected just enough dirt and grit to sieze it up a bit. I washed it in hot water, cleaned it with pie cleaners, dental floss, and strips of paper (I'm too timid to take it apart). A few drops of RemOil and it's back to being my best friend again. If I had a few dollars, I'd use it as a money clip. :D

·
Premium Member
40,029 Posts
I bought a Benchmade 530. 1.8 oz, very nice blade - my new daily carry. :bthumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
A whole month? ...... wow
1979 Bradford set of 6 Case knives in stag
Three Wharnscliffe Case Trappers
Case Slimline Trapper with blue bone handles
Case Large Cokebottle with green bone handles
RCEA Case Trapper- club knife
Spyderco Kiwi
Spyderco Delica
1899 Krag Bayonet
Glock Field Knife

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
Yeah, but ain't it fun?
:) yeah, I guess so. First time I really looked at a list going back a month - now I can relate to women who need a whooole buncha shoes. Yeah, thats it - I'm just becoming more metro - Oprah will be calling any day now . . . :D

Remembered I also have a Case Mini Trapper in CV coming in sometime this or next week too. That Case thread really infected me.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
There is a difference between women's shoe buying and out knife buying. Our knives will last a lifetime, probably appreciate in value and are usable tools. Women's shoes on the other hand will go out of style, were bought to match a purse or dress that was only worn to one special occasion, are cheaply made and overpriced, hurt their feet (can't imagine why) and eventually end up at a garage sale or donated to Goodwill. Never seen nice knives at a Goodwill store. Don't complain about her shoes, purses, etc. and tell her not to complain about your knives. Stick to the reasoning above if you get in a jam.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I hear you, Blademan. Last year, I went through every closet in my house and counted up 50 pairs of my wife's shoes! Yes, that's right, 50---one for each state in the Union. Why, I'm thinkin' of gift wrapping some of 'em for Christmas---she'd never know! :D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Fellows, you're already in trouble if you start counting your wife's shoes. Trust me. I've been married to the same women for 39 years. She doesn't count my guns, knives or tools and I don't count anything that she has. You'll just lose.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Fellows, you're already in trouble if you start counting your wife's shoes. Trust me. I've been married to the same women for 39 years. She doesn't count my guns, knives or tools and I don't count anything that she has. You'll just lose.
That's the truth. I have more Guns and Knives, than my wife has shoes anyway. 40 years of it in June.

1 - 20 of 2298 Posts