Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Both will work, but...if you're the least bit concerned with quality, aesthetics, and finishing, I would choose the Volquartsen.

My son, who is a recent entry into handguns (before I got a chance to talk with him about such things) recently purchased one of the Tandemkross extended mag releases for his Mark IV 22/45 Lite, and after he received it we both looked at each other...it had obvious machine marks on it's stepped surfaces screaming out from below the t-h-i-n surface finish that made it look like it was machined by a Junior High school aged boy in his parents basement, and then finished with a large Sharpie permanent marker by his baby sister.

Volquartsen has been knee deep in their own designs and manufacturing for years, and that fact is clearly obvious when comparing the workmanship and finish that goes into every Volquartsen part to those from Tandemkross, which has been enough to steer me toward Volquartsen ever since. Yes Volquartsen prices are higher, but after getting burned in the past with less expensive substitutes I now refuse to take the cheapest/least expensive route. IMHO you're getting a better quality and finished part for your hard earned money with Volquartsen, and I don't mind paying more for that better quality and better finish.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts