Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to upgrade the mag release in my pistol to something a little taller so I don't have to struggle to find it. Not sure I want a TK paddle style as a similar one on my Buckmark Contour seems too big and prone to accidental engagement. I see K and Volquartsen both make a extended post style though. I'm wondering what others are using . Pics and thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I remember now that when I put a TK extended release ( many moons ago) , it came with the paddle and donut button top. I used the paddle there as the reach was long. Anyway, I just checked the TK website and see the 2 top option is still the case with the 22/45 flavor too. Order placed. Thanks for spurring my memory.

p..s As my memory comes back on this, I recall that the height of the one for the Buckmark was a little too tall for my liking. I ended up sanding down the height of the tube a bit ( 1/10"?) before attaching the paddle. Ended up working well.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, for the input, I ordered the TK, and will see how it feels. I can always return it and get the Volquartsen if I find it to be too much. Either are cheap enough.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just to close the loop on this. I got the TK Extended mag release installed easy enough. When i did, I tried both the round and paddle style buttons to see which suited me better to my surprise, i liked the paddle button best as it seemed to nestle in the thumb groove of the TK Hive grips perfectly. I also found that with the spacer washer provided, the height was about perfect. It compliments the new thumb forward rest nicely as a two handed grip (with left thumb on the rest) shields the mag release until needed. Pretty happy with the set-up now. ( I do need to take another shot at improving the trigger though...._)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts