Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Which color?

273 5
Which color scope would you get if everything else was equal for a silver receiver/barrel setup?

I'm leaning towards silver bases with black rings and a black scope.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
This is definitely a personal preference thing.

One thing I have discovered is that a silver scope almost never matches exactly to an existing silver firearm. Also if you want a silver scope, your choices go way down.

I think your combo should look just fine. I have a Winchester model 70 that has a blue reciever with a stainless heavy barrel. It has a blued mount with silver rings and silver scope. Surprisingly, the scope, rings, and barrel match each other quite well. I like the way it looks. Best of all, it shoots itty bitty groups. :D

· Registered
386 Posts
I have a Model 700 with black synthetic stock, stainless action, barrel, mount, and rings with a matte black scope. I think it looks good. I was going to post a pic but after going to hunt101 for the first time since their revamping, I discovered all my pictures were gone. Guess I'll have to get busy with that now when I get time. I wish I had known that this week while I was on vacation and it rained for 3 days.

· Registered
8,259 Posts
I'm sort of partial to keeping everything matching, such as silver or stainless rifle/silver rings and scope, or matte black firearm/matte rings and scope, or shiny polish blued gun/shiny polish scope and rings. Definitely a personal aethetics thing, everyone has to put together what pleases thieir own fancy.

· Registered
386 Posts
phil in alabama said:
I'm sort of partial to keeping everything matching, such as silver or stainless rifle/silver rings and scope, or matte black firearm/matte rings and scope, or shiny polish blued gun/shiny polish scope and rings. Definitely a personal aethetics thing, everyone has to put together what pleases thieir own fancy.
Normally I would agree 100%, but the black stock and the black scope just seemed to tie it together.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scotty, The only reason I'm considering the black scope is for the exact reason that you mention. Silver scopes I've seem dont seem anywhere close to the same silver that my rifle is. I figure matte black rings to match the matte black scope and the silver bases to match the receiver.

I've seen some black scopes with silver rings, but that look isn't for me. Definately a personal thing. Now I have to decide on a scope to get... But that's another thread!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.