Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

which accurate ammo.

629 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  moontroll1 
#1 ·
which ammo shoots good in a marlin 7000. i was hoping the remington high velocity 36grn hollow points would. i want to buy the ammo in 500 or bulk boxes.

#2 ·
french said:
which ammo shoots good in a marlin 7000. i was hoping the remington high velocity 36grn hollow points would. i want to buy the ammo in 500 or bulk boxes.
There are a lot of threads here already for opinions on bulk ammo. Probably the general consensis is that Rem is the worst out there...

#6 ·
It depends on the gun itself. You have to test out different types of ammo until you find the one that works the best for that specific gun. I usually just buy one 50 round box of all the types that I can get and then shoot it for groups and keep a record of the group sizes. I usually limit myself to $1.50 or less per box as well because I don't like spending 5 dollars a box on 22 ammo. Wal-mart has really good prices on 500 round packs. Winchester Dynapoints and Federal Champions seem to be most peoples favorite bulk ammo on this site.

#7 ·
A shooting buddy up here has very good results with Dynapoints in a couple of his target rifles, a Kimber model 82 and a 40X. I've seen some of his targets and I'd be hard pressed to match them with the expensive Eley and Lapua.
Don

#10 ·
I bought a 325 round bulk carton of some new Federal ammo at WalMart tonight. It's called Auto Match, item #AM22, and says 1200 fps 40 grain solid on the box. Supposedly "optimized for semiauto target shooting". $9.95 for the carton. Looks just like 510 or Lightnings to me, so it may not be worth the little bit more it costed than the #510 load, which is $0.99 a box or ten bucks per brick of 500 rounds. If it shoots like #510 or similiarly, what I'll get out of it is mostly very good groups that range from 1/2'' to 3/4'' at 50 yards, with a flyer about every 20 rounds or so. If it does better I'll buy more. Might be worth looking at a carton of this cheapo round to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.