Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which .17 HMR bolt action do you like the best? The Ruger and Marlin seem to have good fit and finish but the Savage really seems to be accurate and cheap. If I bought one I would probably run allot of rounds though it. Would the Savage hold up?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have had the Marlin .17 VS, I traded in on a CZ .17 American. The Marlin was okay but the CZ just looked and felt better to me. Handle all of them and see which one feels best. Most .17 HMR's shoot good, I think it is the cartridge.

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
I have the Ruger 77/17 VMBBZ and I love it. I seem to be the exception, since most of the guys posting seem to be more in favor of the Marlin 17VS or the Savage, although they MUCH prefer the laminated Savage to the synthetic. If cost is a factor, you will not go wrong with the Savage. If cost is not a factor, you will fall in serious love with an Anshutz.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tend to agree with DWARREN123, I like the feel of the CZ American, and, there a trigger kits out there to help tune it up. But, price wise savage and marlin have the edge. Know a couple of guy's who have marlin's and savage's the love them, except the trggers are not quite there yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Marlin, and a friend has the CZ. I also tried the Savage. for the money, I like the Marlin. However, I am definitely looking for help in the trigger department. I also have a CZ .22 that is a sweet shooter.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've got the CZ american and a NEF. I like the CZ for looks and handlng but the NEF has the edge shooting groups off a sandbag rest. They both shoot great but the best groups from the NEF are just a shade better than the best from the CZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.