Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Where To Buy?

658 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  sidewinder
Where would a guy go if he wanted to buy a 64 MPR? None of the local shops can order one for me. I checked the website for dealers in my state, but they're all about a half-day drive from me. Just curious if I could order one from out of state and have it transferred to me. Also, what should I expect to pay for a 64 MPR?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Online!

First of all, any dealer can ship to your local FFL holder, normally a gun shop or gunsmith, and do a transfer there. That is a common way to purchase a rifle.

I've purchased two 64 MPRs. One new, from Bud's Gun Shop (currently out of stock), and one used, from a local gun store a couple states over from mine. Creedmore ( creedmoresports.com ) has them in stock for $1175 and I think that's what Champion Shooters Supply also is asking. EuroOptic sells them continuously on GunBroker for $1399 (no reason to pay that much). Used they go anywhere from $600, my last purchase, to $1000, one currently on GunsInternational.

The new ones, ones made in the last 3 years, have a "scalloped" top of the 11mm grooved part of the receiver that has bumps that protrude up past the normal mounting surface and cause problems installing a scope. DIP makes a mount that bridges these bumps and allows easy scope installation.

The older ones have a spotty record for accuracy. Gizzy will confirm. My used purchase has a stainless steel barrel and was pretty awful until I installed a Harrell tuner. It now shoots into one hole and is MORE accurate than any of my 54 actioned rifles. I shot both my 64 MPRs today and love them both.

Steve

· Registered
4,823 Posts
I have experienced complete satisfaction in every dealing I have done with Champion Shooter Supply. http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?productid=1026&cat=353&page=1

I suggest you do a bit of comparison shopping with the different suppliers mentioned in replies to your thread and look for the best deal.

As others have said, your local gun shop can act as your FFL dealer for receiving the rifle. An MPR is an MPR, where ever you buy it. All of the above mentioned dealers are reputable. There is no standard FFL charge so the price (including shipping and the FFL charge) is the thing.

You could also look for a used MPR. I recently sold mine for $800, in excellent condition. For example:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Gun-...=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat103792680;cat103796280

· Registered
18,190 Posts
I buy all of my Anschutz rifles from Champion Shooters Supply, but he is local for me. He can order anything for anyone. The MPR's I have had were all OK shooters, and I owned 3 of them. There are a few on here who have had great success with them. I was not so lucky, 3 times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.