Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

where t buy a cleaning muzzle guide?

245 5
i am looking to buy a muzzle guide for my gm bull barrel. what one is best and where can i get one? any other suggestions on what to get to clean my barrel? thanks!!!
-mwm
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
I like the Clark guide very much, either slips on/off, or with a couple of pieces of blue masking tape on the ID, it's a friction fit that won't fall off. I keep it in place for all but shooting to protect the muzzle. About $12 from Midway if I remember correctly.

The boresnake or equivalent also works great, eliminating need to clean from the muzzle end. The bronze brush in the snake can be easily removed for gentler cleaning.
Luck!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Boresnake brushes

Pdwight said:
Removing the bronze brushes is a total waste of time. The rifeling is not going to fall out , in fact the bronze brushes have neat way of helping the interor of the barrel.

Dwight P
I agree, but some like to use the snake without the brushes... Don't what the theory is, just offering information. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.