Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posed this question in another thread, but perhaps someone who might be able to answer it might not see it there. Where can I get these tools? I'd like to get them. Search function is inop, so I can't look up past threads. As always, your help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's a link to the Hanned Line site:

www.hanned.com/

I prefer the Hanned Line tool as the resulting ammo runs better for me at longer range.

To avoid loosening the bullets with this tool, one needs to use the file smoothly and in one direction only. The die supports the cartridge very well, but rotating the tool while filing will cause looseness sometimes.

At traditional hunting distances I see little difference in the stopping power from ammo modified with any of the three tools.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Kevan, just so you know, Paco says he's running about 4 weeks on delivery time. I sent my $$ a little over a week ago and am not expecting it for a few more weeks :(
Paul

·
Registered
961 Posts
Got a Paco tool - LOVE it!

The ordering address in the link upthread is the one I used to order mine = took 3 weeks & 3days to arrive.
The Acu'rzr makes nice wadcutters out of solid nose 40 & 29 gr bullets (Used it on .22Shorts too;) ) The accuracy on cheap and medium priced ammo is improved enough to make a measurable difference in group size. The little hollowpointer forming tool, the
"NastiNose: Makes HP's out of solids and GREAT BIG GAPING HP's out of factory swaged HP's :p
Try this trick for 'Explosive' results = take a HV HP like the Remington GB and expand the cavity with the NastiNose... Fill the cavity with Beeswax... put the loaded HP back in the die and give it a little tap with the Acu'rzr Die to tamp everything in nice and solid and give a slight concavity to the tip. = IMPRESSIVE results:D :t

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to get the Paco Kelly tool. It's more versatile and won't leave lead shavings sound the place. Plus it won't remove any grain weight from my bullets.

·
Registered
358 Posts
homemade hp "tool"

Guys im lazy and cheap, but what Ive done is take a standard HP bullet (winchester super x in this case), place a single #6 shot pellet in the HP cavity, and give it a little tap with a hammer. Makes a uniform WIDE hollowpoint. I found that if I used a little hadn soap for lube, it went easier. I admittedly havent tested them yet. They look like they will work well.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Kevan said:
Is the Baby Scorpion tool the NastiNose/Acurizer or is this a different tool?
The baby scorp'n is different. I read something from Paco where he said the "rams" weren't interchangeable. They both work on the same principal though.
Paul

·
Registered
607 Posts
The rams are different....I tried to use the Acur'zr ram in the Scorp'n & it had, well lets just say it was ugly. Also tried the other way & not luck there either.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Scorp'n?

Can someone describe how the Scorp'n is different from the Nasti-Nose, and what it does differently? I have the Nasti-Nose/Accur'zr tool and really like it so far. The whack-factor is really improved :) when you first flatnose with the Accur'zr die, and then hollowpoint with the Nasti-Nose die. Two days ago I hit a feral cat wandering around the farm dead-center in the front of the chest at 40 yds and he made it 10 ft before he fell over stone-cold dead. No exit wound either, but his chest felt like jelly inside. Starlings really pop when hit and go to pieces (literally). Pop cans filled with water get torn almost in half. Oh, I use the super-cheap CCI Blazers (40-gr chronoed at 1240 fps, $8/brick) for my reforming, with accuracy all out of proportion to their price.

Anyone have a link to the Scorp'n? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will try it.

Anyone have a recommendation on which tool to buy? I will be using mine for varmint control. Wish there was a cheaper way to turn blasers into big hollow point..

·
Registered
607 Posts
For the Record Paco sent me an e-mail stating that the baby Scorp'n tool has under gone a change or two since the article in GunBlast. I have one of the "changed ones" & it's really nice. It's hard to describe the difference but to me it seems like the 2nd included ram sort of makes a Nast-Nose type Bullet.

Having both (Nasti & Scorp) tools if I had to choose just one it would be the Baby Scorp'n.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.