Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to RFC and I am waiting for my Excel Arms Accelerator rifle in 17 HMR. I ordered it several months ago and I have been unsuccessful getting in touch with them for about the past month. My question has anyone out there also been waiting for them to ship their order or if any shop in your area has received shipments from them. When I last heard from them, I was told that they did not have a status on my rifle but it was ordered and should ship within 2 weeks. That was a month ago. I know there are some nay-sayers on their products, but, I like wierd and unusual rimfires. My reason for buying one is simply to see if the bad press is warranted or if they simply need some attention to get them running smoothly. Case in point, I have 2, yes two, Rhineland Arms R22's and my first was the spawn of satan requiring significant re-engineering to make it run. Being a glutton for punishment, I bought its brother with the next serial number and it ran from the start with only a couple of ammo related failures. I would appreciate any feedback on availability from other members. If you have a recent production model, I would appreciate any bugaboos or tips to prepare myself when this thing shows up.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Passinby,
I got a chuckle seeing you as the first responder:) . I have been trolling this forum for some time before joining and have seen that you have some anger issues with the Accelerator:D LOL. On a serious note, approximately what vintage was your example. I have tried to determine a timeline on their production and where there appears to be a cut-off point to the chronic problems and a reduction to occasional gremlins associated with a low production product. The guys that comment negatively on more recent purchases, typically comment that they found one gathering dust at a dealer or picked it near new from someone. I sincerely appreciate a response and look forward to throwing in my 2 cents worth, once, if ever, it arrives. I can't get too down about it, I just got off the phone with Matt Shuster at Ironwood Designs and my SG2000 is just waiting for a little sanding and oil finish on the lumber. It should be on the road to me by next week. I will say, that my experience with them has been much smoother and Matt is a very pleasant guy to deal with.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I was looking at a one in 22 MRF again today. I see no other purpose other then just a fast way to burn up money plinking. Looked pretty well made, and if had been 22 LR I probably would have bought one to play with on occasion. I would say $12 for 500 rounds is not bad, $120 for 500 rounds will take all the fun out of plinking.

I am still considering a rimfire magnum, and had about settled on 17 HMR and then I see they now have BT ammo for 22 MRF and get me to rethinking the purchase.

One thing I have found I do not like about 17 rimfire is the PIA it is to clean compared to 22 from my experience.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
SG, mine was an early model. I owned it for 10 months. Went to the range three times. Had possession for maybe a total of three weeks during that period.

I heartily recommend the VQ :t

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Passinby,
Thanks for the info. I will be upgrading the rifle to their Custom Shop model with the blue anodized receiver and bead-blasted barrel since they had not shipped my rifle and have these in stock. I hope that it will pay off for the wait. I will assess it as truthfully and accurately as I can when it shows up.
Thanks
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.