1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Real "stinger" brand ammo uses a slightly longer than standard casing and with the slightly tighter chamber that people want for accuracy in the heavy barrel replacements the chamber gets dirty and/or a slightly oversize stinger gets wedged in the chamber and a slamfire or case blowout or similar COULD happen and the gas might cause damage to a face or eye?......the change of barrels is easy and requires only checking to make sure the extractor slot is centered on the extractor and the retaining bolts are tight but not "full hand" tight as you can get them ....tight......hth...good luck and good shooting!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any cheap wood stocks for 920 barrel?

Just wondering about a cheap wood stock. I am thinking about going with a bull barrel and upgrading stock with a cheap plastic stock but I would rather have wood.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
You can often find used 10/22T stocks for very little money, either here or on ebay, and they are nice. That is assuming you mean inexpensive, and not crappy, when you talk about all the "cheap" stuff you are considering. I would not even waste someone else's money on a "cheap plastic stock" like a Butler Creek.

For around $100 plus shipping, you can get a new Boyd's wood laminate stock and for less you can finish it yourself.

Ben

·
Registered
936 Posts
JonBoy said:
Just wondering why stinger ammo is not recomended?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=231048

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=527521&EblastID=6072005

Barrel is $80 Cheap Stock is $40 so $120 gets me into that combo is this a decent setup?

Also is this a easy swap or am I going to have issues?
As was mentioned, "Stingers" won't fit in a Bentz chamber, their case is too long. DON'T TRY IT, IT'S NOT SAFE!!!

Yeah, that looks like a "decent" setup, yep it's a fairly easy swap, and you WILL probably have issues insofar as functioning goes. Your chamber is gonna be tighter and more "picky" as to what ammo it prefers.....

FWIW,

Dennis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.