Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
What is s. rifle ?

I am planning on using two different rifles on my first Shawnee hunt this year..

a ) Winchester model 75-1946 year model with the original Lyman 10 x targetspot scope

b) Winchester 52 sporter ( reproduction) heavy barrel with a 4x12 bushnell scope..

I am looking forward to meeting all of the rimfirecentral friends this year!! :eek:

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Last year my first choice was an Anschutz 164 Sporter .22 with an old 6X AO Leupold scope. After the squirrels got on the ground later in the season I hunted with a CZ American HM2 with a 4-12 VXII.
Our season just started today and I've got a couple of new rifles, so that's all subject to change.
I think this one's gonna see some action early in the season. It's a 1416D HB Anschutz with a 4-12 VXII on it right now. I've swapped the rings for a set of Warnes since the picture was taken.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Sorry, no pic, but I use a Savage 17 Heavy, .17HMR with Basix sear kit installed, glassed with BSA 6X-24X illuminated mildot recticles, and a good leather sling. I find the sling is a must have for the heavy rifle, for squirrel hunting.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Got three!

I have three, Marlin 60 with 18.5 in barrel, Nef Handi rifle in 22-250 and the trusty 12guage. My favorate being the marlin but everynow and then I like to evaporae a squrrel with the 22-250. :D

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Kimber M-82 .22 long rifle with 4x Nikon currently, hopefully a 2-7x28mm Leupold before long; and a CZ 452 American .17M2 topped with a Burris Compact AO 4-12x32mm. Some pictures of both are floating around the CZ and Kimber forum sections. :t

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I use cz 452's, one is a silhouette with a bushnell 4-12, and i got a trainer that has a simmons .22 mag 3-9 on it that i will take out to see how it does. Also the rem 870 express 12 guage is a very good squirrel gun for early season to get up into the trees, and shoot them off of branches.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
wellllllllllllllll

i am putting together a ruger 96 with a gm 17/m2 barrel and i have a mossberg that loves shorts and a cz with the nicest open sights i ever used so those 2 i use the most . i also have a savage in 17/m2 that i used all last year and i learned that the 17/m2 is imho the best squirrel round out there out to 80 yards.
david

·
8,025 Posts
My current squirrel rifle is a ...

Mossberg model 350. 24" bbl with a 3x9 steel tube Weaver with the adj objective lense in Weaver rings, although it might have some serious competition this year as I have relined a 340 Mossberg (a clip fed bolt gun) to 17 Mach2 and I am waiting for it to return from being reblued. The 340 will also have a 3x9 w/AO Weaver in BKL rings. Initial accuracy testing points to a 100 yard capable squirrel rifle. :D Should be a very interesting season this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless, Frank.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.