Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I'm having trouble figuring out the Simmons scope line. I'm finding scopes listed on dealer's websites and on Ebay that can't be found on the Simmons website. I don't think these are all discountinued models, though I suppose it's possible that the all are.

Also, I'm considering their ProHunter 6-18x40 AO scope, #807722, for my Ruger 77/22 varmint model in 22lr. I think it would be a good match for the rifle, and the color is gray which should match the rifle's finish, at least to some degree. Can anyone comment on their experiences with this scope, good or bad? I can get this scope for around $67, plus shipping.

As a point of reference, I'm also considering the Simmons ProAirgun 4-12x40, which I believe is Simmons #21613. This scope is available for about $130. I'm trying to figure out if the ProAirgun is that much better of a scope than their ProHunter line.

Thanks for the help and comments,
Lou

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Hi Lou,

I have a Simmons 7722 6-18x40 on my VMBZ. It looks great on the rifle. POI does not change when adjusting the AO or the power setting. The clicks also seem to be accurate. I paid $99 for mine a few months ago. That was the best price I could find on one. Are you sure about the price of $67. To be honest with you I wish I would have waited for the new line with the side focus. Simmons has totally changed all of it's scopes after Mead bought the company. That is why you cannot find this model on their website.

The scope is very bright and clear even in low light at 6X. Around 14X the clarity starts to fade even in good light. It is still very useable at 18X but Simmons scopes with larger objective lenses of 44mm or 50mm are noticeably brighter at 18-20X. The Simmons 44 mag #1048 and WTC 18 can both be bought for $99 and are a great value. But they do not come in Target Gray.

I have been thinking of selling this scope. I want to get one of the side focus models allthough they are not yet available. I still have the box and papers. If you are interested make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The Simmons website only has the new lines.

I called them to find out the parralax setting on a WTC 11 and that's what the rep told me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.