Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously we're talking pistols here. I have a NAA mini-revolver in .22 mag. I carried that thing over four years. I picked up a little Beretta Minx in .22 short. It was used and it functions great.

Others??

steve

·
Registered
962 Posts
FEG MkII AP22

It's a little Hungarian made Walther PPK clone. :t It gets carried/ used a LOT! = Never had a FTF or missfire, loves Hypervel loads.
:) :D

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
The lady of the house has a pair of Colt derringers her dad gave her years ago. Now that you mention it, I've never fired them. They lay in their box in the safe. Better remedy that.

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
High Standard .22mag Derringer o/u. My mom has it back in W .Va she says its for home security.....whoever she hits has got to be the unluckiest SOB in the world. You can't hit dirt with that thing pointing it straight down!...... Makes a satisfing pop though! JL

·
Registered
918 Posts
Beretta 21. Great little pistol for what it was designed for. Not so great for shooting a snake out of a tree. Took me 5 shots to hit the dang snake about 15 feet up a tree (didn't want to shoot it, but the old lady next door wouldn't shut up).

This year I'm carrying a .45 with shot shells.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stinger Pen Pistols

Jaeger said:
does the stinger pen work well? i have seen them at auctions, but not heard much about them.
The only issue that I have had is mine does not always fire the first time if you have not been careful to fully seat the round firmly. Some ammo seems more prone to requiring more than one firing pin strike than others. It is an interesting conversation item. Also, need to watch how it is handled since it is a firearm and the fact that it is unique can lead some to be a bit more cavalier--this is especially true when opening and cocking the pistol.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SHP,

Its really different to shoot since the grips are so small. It doesn't really hurt my hand but there are better ways to hold it than other ways. Its gotta a healthy crack, too. (but you prolly figured that, right?)

I've been carrying a Beretta Minx as of late. Maybe looked as a step down- going from 22 mag to 22 short, but at least I have semi-auto compared to single action and I can hit stuff easier with the Minx.

I have a Tomcat I want to start carrying as soon as I find a holster.

steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.