Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the boards for a bit, and have noted the many posts seeking/giving information about where to find DynaPoint ammo.

What's so special about this stuff, anyway?

Here I've just finished taking out a second mortage on the house to corner the Wolf ammo market, and now it appears that there is a domestic .22 ammo that is the new "hot" item!

"Salt"

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Dynapoints Not New

feldwebel22,
.......and now it appears that there is a domestic .22 ammo that is the new "hot" item!
Dynapoints are not a "new" HOT item....! ! :(

Dynapoints have been very popular here on RFC for several years...! ! :eek:

What is "new" is that they are no longer an exclusive to "K-Mart"...! ! :eek:

About a year ago, they began appearing in "Wal*Marts" of Canada...! ! :)

This year, they began to become available, as a "special order" item [5 case minimum/store], for "Wal*Marts" in the US....! ! :cool:

THAT is what's "new"....! ! :eek:

Dynapoints shoot very well in almost all 10/22's and other rifles...! ! They are probably the most accurate 'bulk' .22 ammo available...! ! :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought a box when they came out in canada here at wal mart, but they do not want to shoot in my 10/22, nor my lakefeild bolt action, federal bulk pack does 1/2"-1/3" at 25 yards, but the dynampoints did about 2" in both the 10/22 and bolt action, maby my new gm barrel will do better? I still got 300 or so rounds left.

They did however shoot realy well in my ruger mark 2.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 10/22 loves the Dynapoints. I have 3 bricks right now. Once the wind dies off I'l burn through them pretty quick.

I was gopher hunting 3 weeks ago on my friends farm. We shot a few hundered gophers. I had CCI Mini Mags, Velocitors, and Dynapoints. Those Dynapoints kill gophers better than the Velocitors inside 50 yards. The Velcoitors didn't open up very well but had less drop over the longer ranges.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yesterday I put my gm barrel on, today I beded it and such, And that box of Dynapoints whent from being the worst grouping ammo, to the best grouping ammo with the new barrel... I find that verry odd.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 10/22 hates Dynapoints. Believe it or not I have fed it a steady diet of Remington Golden Bullets and it seems to take them very good. In fact I put about 200 rounds of Golden Bullets through it last night without any sort of hic-up at all!

·
Registered
256 Posts
just got in from the range,must say the dynapoints shoot very well in my 10/22 with ab fluted barrell.without a decent rests i was getting 1/2" groupsat 50 yds if i did my part.no ftf or fte at all,must have shot a brick.this is some great ammo for the price.but i also tried some sk standard plus and i must say this is some great shooting ammo.probrably a little tighter than the dynapoints.
keep on bangin boys,don:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
My 10/22 has a GM 18" barrell, but a stock extractor. It is a hunting/plinking gun with a red dot on it so .5" groups are not a concern to me. I am judging the Dynapoints solely on the FTE and FTF's I experienced with them. I will probally try at least one more brick of Dynapoints before I give up on them after I put in a VQ extractor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info on the "New To Me" Win. Dynapoints. I hadn't run across them before, in K-Mart or any other discount house (or anywhere else "down South" that I can recall).

I've relieved the local Wal-Mart of a brick of them and will report back on how the "slightly modified" HB 10/22, the Win. 3022, and the Rem. 521 does with them.

feldwebel22

·
Registered
364 Posts
ddhotbot,

I agree with you. Dynapoints are tops for me in bulk ammo, but they are not as good as Eley Practice and Wolf Match Target. But for 1/2 the cost or less, they are a good deal. About the only bulk ammo I have not tried is Federal, and I read some good reports on it on RFC, so I'll try a brick of it eventually.

I like the Dynapoints in my model 41. I don't shoot competition and I'm not that good with it, so why burn up expensive stuff? Been shooting Eley Practice in my TC. Will shoot some of both in my Savage.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Dynapoints

Bought a brick at my local Oklahoma Wal-Mart and my son and I spent the afternoon at the range with the Dynapoints and several other ammos. Bottom line is the Dynapoints shot well out of both of our GM barreled, fine tuned 10/22's. Not as well as the Wolf MT but better than any of the other bulk pack stuff. This is going to be our squirrel and plinking ammo. So far the best bang for the casual shooting buck.

sawdust

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm glad to hear about the dynapoints. Problem is, noone in Colorado Springs, CO, has any. Guess I'll have to order some through the mail.
Interesting comments about match ammo. I've shot Fed Gold Medal and CCI GreenTag in my stock barreled (reworked by CPC) 10/22 Deluxe. Neither shot as well as Winchester 40gr Super X. Was out to the range Friday and an old friend had some Ely ammo used by the Olympic teams (he works with them at the Olympic shooting center here in town). Tried it, the gun still shot better with the Super X.
Surprisingly, the best hollow point load found has been Remington Yellow Jacket. Go Figure.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
JoKeR, mine has the 18" gm barrel, and everything else is stock, even the stock
:rolleyes:
(sanded out however :) )

I shot up the rest of em the other day, about 400 rounds in total including some federal bulk pack, and variouse other ammo, and not one failure to feed, fire, eject or anything.... Although, I did clean my barrel every 10 shots for the first 100, than every 20 for the next 200, and then every 50 for the rest(maby your chamber is dirty?). Maby it depends on how its beded or something.

Hey, I wonder if any body else can seen the dynamapoints fly in the air through your scope. I was shooting at some sparos the other day(realy gusty wind, no hope in heck that I was going to hit them at the ranges I was shooting at them from) And I could see the bullet go beside them lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Watching bullets fly

JCD
I am very happy that you stated the fact that you could see your bullet fly by your target. About a year ago while shooting at 100 yards I also saw my bullet fly from about 80 yards and on into the target. I was able to repeat this strange occurrence several times that day, but never it never happened again. I posted my story on RFC and the opinion of the fellas at that time was that it had to do with conditions in the atmosphere. It was an enjoyable experience.
DougJr.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Klof
The conditions that you stated were the way it was, and also it was very hot and humid that day. It appeared like the bullet would just glide into the target. I hope that some day I shall be able to see it again.
DougJr.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.