Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into the local Academy Sports in the DFW area thinking the HM2 ammo was cheaper than the std HMR. right? Wrong! Same price, what's up with this crap? :mad: Price was 10.25 out the door for some Rem Premier HM2. Now I'm new to this HM2 but all I heard was 6-7.00 prices compared to 8-9.00 for the full size stuff. If it's gonna be the same price, why shoot it? Like I said I'm new to shooting this caliber and currently own a couple of 17HMR's but if it's the same price???? It's not gonna last long in my stable. :Flush:

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
It's not the same price. Less than $5 online for some brands. $5.50 for Eley through Championshooters.com. Shoulda kept shopping. Academy prices vary from excellent to poor on ammo. Best deal they got is Blazer aluminum 9mm at less than $4. Sounds like you got their worst.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Local purchasing

I recently paid 55.00 out the door, after 8.1% WA sales tax for a brick of CCI at Sportsman's Warehouse, Blazer037 turned me onto them here in the NW. Remington is the worse at ammo price-wise for HM2 ammo. they charge way too much for their 22Magnum "Premier" ammo as well, even when other brands seem to be more accurate and consistant. Besides, who wants to shoot booger green bullets anyway?
CCI or Eley can be purchased online inexpensively, and plop right on your porch, you don't even have to go anywhere. :t

·
36,633 Posts
I bought one box at the Academy in Franklin, Tn. It is crap. 30% failed to fire in my "Space Gun" project rifle, a Remington Nylon 11 bolt gun. It is the worst ammo I have ever bought at any price, any caliber, any place, any time, any where. Can you tell that I not only don't like it but that I won't be buying more? been spending 4.77 to 5.99 a box locally for Hornady and just bought 400 for $40 from a member here of Federal. So far the Federal has shot best for me but I have not tested CCI or Eley.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I actualy feel a lot better :yippee: Only bought one box since the local Oshmans(or what ever they call it now) and Walmarts didn't have it. Guess I'm headed to Sportsmans Warehouse, in the DFW area they are about the best, just on the other side of the city :( .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.