Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up an older Mark 1 Standard. Does anyone know what upgrades or accessories are still out there for this model. I have seen, spring kits, scope mount and clips but thats it. Can anyone tell me what parts are interchangable between the Mark 1 and Mark 2?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Using MKII Magazines

You can use MKII magazines in a MKI, giving you one extra round.

Early Standard/MKI guns will require you to swap the MKII magazine follower button to the right hand side. Late production MKI's had the button on the left side, as per the MKII style, and should accept the MKII mags straight out of the box.

Most all the small parts are the same I believe: sear, sear spring, hammer, extractor. Some pins are the same also, as well as recoil spring, firing pin. Not sure about trigger? Disconnector? Maybe? I can't recall for certain.

Happy and SAFE SHOOTING! Joe :cool:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Trigger's are not exactly the same but the Mark II aftermarket trigger can be installed in a Mark I. Here's a picture of the two types for comparison.

The upper (shiny) trigger is for a Mark I. The lower (dull) trigger is for a Mark II and has a scallop cutout near the top of it for the bolt stop return plunger. External dimensions are the same.

Disconnectors are identical.

Grips can be swapped between Mark II's and the A-100 framed (later production) Mark I's.

Sights are also the same.

R,
Bullseye

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
New VQ sear will give it a good trigger pull and you can install a Ranch Products Extended mag release. For less than $30 these will make it much more enjoyable shooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.