Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on travel for work, and I have the chance to buy a Mark II at a local pawn shop for $110. Looks nearly new, and has the black synthetic stock. I can't recall if it is the stainless one, but I think it is, otherwise I wouldn't have been interested.

I own 2 Ruger rimfire pistols, and a Ruger 10/22, but saw this might be a bargain. The bolt worked smoothly FWIW.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it had sights. There was a blade sight up front for sure. Sorry I can't answer any more, I looked at a few .22s there, and this was the one I was moderately interested in. The stock had clean checkering still, and didn't have any shiny worn spots on the slightly textured black stock.

I am thinking at was stainless though.

I think you may be getting at if it were some sort of heavy barreled target model, and I would have to say no. I didn't even think to check if it was drilled/tapped for scope mounts, or machined with a scope rail.

I assume these extra details might help.

Once again, I am a Ruger 10/22 man, but a second .22 for teaching my GF's kids to shoot would be nice, especially an inexpensive bolt action to teach them to be deliberate.

·
X-Mod
19,560 Posts
If it's an accutrigger and is in like new condition, it doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Ask them if you can have it for $100 out the door. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Until a couple years ago, no Savage rimfires had Accutriggers. You'll still see pre-Accutrigger models at Walmart, Dicks, Dunhams, Gander Mountain, etc. They're the ones with the much lower price tag.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You tell by visual inspection. The Accutrigger shows as a blade inserted into a "traditional" trigger. See the link I already posted in this thread for pictures.

·
Banned
2,670 Posts
the accu trigger has a silver blade in the center of the trigger. it moves back to be fluch with the trigger and then it will let the firing pen fall. it's easy to tell if it has the accu-trigger or not. if it loks like a normal trigger then it is.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm guessing it is not the accutrigger. Maybe if I cry crocodile tears over that they'll give me a further discount. :) I may buy it anyway because it isn't going to be a bench gun so do I really care about the accutrigger? I have never had a Savage rifle and thought this would be a good way at a rock bottom price.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm guessing it is not the accutrigger. Maybe if I cry crocodile tears over that they'll give me a further discount. :) I may buy it anyway because it isn't going to be a bench gun so do I really care about the accutrigger? I have never had a Savage rifle and thought this would be a good way at a rock bottom price.
Even without Accutrigger, $114 for a new .22 anything is pretty good. If the trigger doesn't meet your needs, you can try a trigger shim modification to better the old style trigger. Here's the link for the trigger shim instructions at the top of the Savage forum. Notice that the first picture in that link shows an old style trigger.

If you can find a Mark II-F with Accutrigger at a decent price, you need to decide if the time and effort to perform the trigger modification on the older model is worth the difference in price. It had been that Walmart was offering the Mark II-F (with Accutrigger) for about $150. All prices went up over the past couple months:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5057202

Considering that a Rifle Basix trigger for the non-Accutrigger model will cost $60-80, $150 for an Accutrigger model is a bargain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just bought the savage with out the accutrigger from Walmart. They had been out for a while and was picking up some 510 Fed ammo and ask if they had gotting any in yet (Savage Mark II F) as it was still missing from the show case. He checked the item number with the scanner and it shows we just got one in. Told him to go check and if so bring it up. He returne with rifle in hand. Open box and told him to ring it up. Dam, I got to stay out of all gun shops for a mounth:confused. This is 4 rifles in two weeks (two CZ 452 last week and a mini 14 target), time to start shooting more. Will bought this one for the truck gun. And if it shots any where near what my Savage Mark-II JTV 22LR Thumbhole Jacaranda does I will be a happy camper:) .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.