Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Im a sillhouette shooter,love hunting that steel :D My primary sillhouette rifle is a 1022 I've named "Big Blue"there are pics and a description in the gallery.I just finished (allmost 2 weeks ago) another 1022 for sillhouette on calmer wind days it is much lighter than "Big Blue"and holds promise if I can learn to shoot her.My best score to date is a 34 but since my brain surgery 4 years ago my best score is 26.Im on the way back up :D

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Steve,
Right now I'm just shooting the E-mail matches here at RFC. There aren't that many rimfire competitions here in the Albuq. area. Except for sillywet! I'm a lazy benchrest kinda guy!
There's a new private range opening here in the next few months.Hopefully we can get some BR going.

I shoot a 10/22 with a GM 20" stainless in a B&C Anschutz stock and a Simmons 800116 scope. And I'm playing with a Stevens 416 HB with a Lyman Targetspot 8X.

JL

·
Registered
486 Posts
I shot my first IR 50/50 match today, and hope to make it to many more matches this summer. My "big gun" is a factory Suhl, but it ain't gonna stay factory for long;)
I wasn't going to say what my best score was, but what the heck. 236-7x. Hey, It was my first match, and I didn't come in last:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
IR50/50 and some postal and email benchrest matches with a 541X Remington sporter and an Anschutz 54 in the heavy classes. NRA bullseye with either a 41 S&W, a Hammerli Trailside or a Ruger slabside for .22, a Bennelli .32 for centerfire and a Kimber for .45. IPSC with another Kimber. Bowling pins with the Ruger slabside in .22 and a Kimber in pin gun. Sportsmans Team Challenge with a 41 S&W, a 10/22 Ruger, a Kimber and an 1100 Remington. I'd probably do better if I consentrated on just one or two disiplines but they're all just too much fun!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I shoot in an informal .22 Bullseye league. We shoot two targets each Monday night to a 600 score. My best score so far is 598. The league is very informal, so no x rings are counted. After eight weeks the scores are talleyed, and awards are handed out. The classes are Stock, Open, and International.

Many of the shooters are very good, and 600s not uncommon on any given night.

My gun is a Box-Stock S&W Model 41 with a 5.5" barrel. As my eyes age, I'm considering going the the open class to be able to shoot with optical or dot sights.

Since I got involved in competition about 3 years ago, my shooting skills have increased a lot! I highly recommend competition to anyone that wants to increase their skills. It's really the only way. I started off thinking I was an above average shooter after over 20 years experience with guns. NOT!! I soon discovered that shooting with a time and yardage discipline is a great leveler. I began below average for the group, but would now consider myself a much above average shooter. All of the competitors have been helpful with respect to shooting advice, and also equipment advice. I already had the Model 41, so I was lucky with regard to equipment.
I have also learned that with the variety of guns out there, there is no one gun for all shooters. The league's best shooter uses a Buckmark target pistol. Rugers, High-Standards and even revolvers are used with great success.:D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Anymore I only shoot Bowling pins regularly. I've shot about 4 times in the email matches and hope to shoot more in the future. I also shoot a couple of Police Dept sponsered pistol matches but that's just twice a year for fun and charity.

In the past I've shot Small bore 3 position. Bullseye, and IPSC. The only racegun I own is a Springfield Armory 1911 with a Heinie Barrel and Comp, Bomar sights, Ed Brown Trigger, etc. I use it on the modified devision of the pin shoots now. Originally built it to shoot IPSC. I bought the original gun from an IPSC shooter by the name of Rick Byfield.

·
Registered
322 Posts
just reactive pistol

Steel plate pistol with a bone stock springfield 1911, but I just started using my old CZ-75b and my scores inproved, I guess the 15 round mags last a little longer than the 7 and 10 rounders.

Bowling pin with same 1911

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I shoot RBA and IR50/50, with a little NBRSA rimfire thrown in occasionally. I've been playing around at the local NRA smallbore matches lately, but I'm not too good at that. Have got several nice rifles and a depressing bank account because of it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Started in handgun Sil, both NRA and IHMSA. Now shoot or have shot BPCR, Cowboy, NRA Smallbore Sil, Airgun Sil, Long-Range Muzzleloader (.451 at 500 to 1000 yds), and Smallbore Open-sight Sil (single-shot rifles, mostly antique, with open sights out to 285 yards - good practice for BPCR). Just now getting started in RFBR, still in the "spending" mode more than "shooting" mode, but I'm almost there.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Let's see, competition: IPSC at least three times a month.Currently using a Charles Daily .45. I decided to shoot a cheap gun that functions 100 percent of the time and not care about spending $2500 on a gun that is finicky about ammo. I'm not going to win the nationals anyway.

ICORE revolver shooting once or twice a month with a S&W Model 15 now. Favorite has been a 625. I've done pretty good over the years and have come in 3rd in my class at the nationals twice.

Archery... Compound and Recurve. Finger and release. Best release score indoors 450. Best finger score Perfect 300. I've placed in Vegas in the top 4 more than once. Highest FITA 1356 with High Country bow and a Stan release.

I had to give up archery years ago. My ex said if I took it up again she'd divorce me so, naturally I started shooting again. Now I instruct.

Rifle: Just the President's match, a simplified 200 yard match each year. Have had fun. Compete mostly with friends to see who can shoot tightest groups.

Black Powder... Have shot the Winter Nationals. Did o.k. Have about 7 BP rifles to play with. Favorite is an Underhammer H&A in .36 cal.

.22's Ruger 10-22 for the e-mail matches and a CZ 452 for the same. This seems to be where I am at these days. Learning to shoot off a bench instead of on my two feet. Having a great time.

Hopefully Silouette with the rifle soon when I find a local club schedule. I did pistol Silouette many years ago but then went into IPSC.

Bullseye, for a number of years with .45 and with .22.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.