Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What to do?

211 3
Hello gentlemen. New guy here and this is my first post. For my upcoming birthday I decided to build myself a 10/22. I had put one together once upon a time and traded it. I had been missing it so I figured a birthday was a fine time to make it right. I have just found out that Federal is not making the ammo I had been using (gold medal ultra match) and there is less than one box left on the shelf in my load room. What should I be looking for to replace this? Imagine price is no object even though it always is. I shoot long range centerfire and pay a high price for it so even the most exspensive rimfire is considered a bargain. Thanks for any help.

Austan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shootnut. The Wolf was the direction I was leaning after reading some of the threads here. Sounds like its accurate stuff. Can someone also explain the difference between the match and match extra? Well, besides 2 bucks a box. Midway is all out of the standard match and it says no backorder.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
The Match Extra and Match Gold use a different powder and has a different velocity, Ive found the Match Extra and Gold doesnt shoot that well in some of my rifles, while the Match Target shoots great in all of them. If you cant find the MT look for the SK Standard Plus its the exact same thing in a different box!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.