Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a savage model 64 semi auto that i use as my squirrel rifle , and would like to get a sling set up before to long . the thing is it has a plastic stock and I'm not sure what swivels to buy , and how to set them up correctly .

also wanted to say that MC sports(in kalamazoo MI) has bush whacker flashlight covers on sale for $1.95 and they work nicely as flip up scope caps .

· Registered
4,871 Posts
You can use regular wood screw type studs for the sling, but in the plastic stocks I prefer the machine screw type in the front with a nut inside the forearm. On the butt stock just use a regular wood screw type, measure up between 1 and 1.5" from the end of the butt, dont include the pad, start at the end of the stock, drill your hole and screw the stud in. Once you have the hole threaded you can back the stud out, clean it with some degreaser and apply some epoxy and screw it back in, that will help keep it from coming back out. In the forearm look to see if there is a place for it in the stock. In the barrel channel you'll see the support webbing, most have a place for a stud in the webbing. It will be a round piece molded in the webbing. If it has that and you want to use a regular wood screw type you can drill a small hold down through the center of that piece from inside the stock to locate the hole on the outside. Then just drill the proper size hole from the outside to screw the stud into. If you want to use the machine screw type with a nut you have to place the stud in a place where you can get the nut on it inside the barrel channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.