Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recomended scope for a new to scope shooter(my wife) she has only shot open sights and wants to try a scope. red dot or traditional? going on a super light ultimate with shortened and sculpted tundra and 16" whistle pig. keep :snipersmi

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
You didn't mention a budget for the scope. If you're like me and dollars are quite tight, give a Simmons 22MAG 3X9X32 a try. The non-AO model is only about $30 so if she decides she doesn't like using a scope you're not out much and if she wants more scope you still have little invested, when I got rid of the one that was on my wife's 10/22 I got $15 for it. Want to spend a little more, a 4X Nikon Prostaff rimfire scope can be had for $100 at SWFA. A little more money but more magnafication, a Swift Premier 4X12X40AO goes for about $150 and can be had in silver finish too. Really there are a number of options, what kind of shooting she does along with a max price would make narrowing it down easier.

Dave Z.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.