Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What scope do you have on your .17s?

69560 Views 290 Replies 195 Participants Last post by  ThisIsFun
I am trying to decide on a scope for my Ruger 77/17 VM/BBZ, I would like to keep it under $400. I have thought about the Weaver V-24 not sure I like the reticle, the V-16 is nice. I have also looked at the Leupold VX II 6-18x40. I plan on shooting paper and small fuzzy animals. Any thoughts would be great.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
I have got a Weaver GS 6X20 fine/dot on my 77/17 works great, I have 2 V-16's, one on my SVT Kimber and one a Mini-14. Great scopes for the $$$$$$. I have used the GS and the V-16 on my 257 Weatherby with no probs. Check the eye relief on the weavers, it works for me but it's tricky for some shooters. Good luck to you.

· Registered
210 Posts
Reidh, I sure hope you figure out your fusion. My is shooting great. I just picked up a Zeiss 4.5X14 mil-dot at Kesselrings. I felt the Zeiss Conquest was a bargin at 650,mil-dot and sidefocus, it is clear,very clear. They are worth a look.And I did I did a lot of looking, the side focus is something I wanted. It should be handy in the gofer patch when shooting from 30 to 150 yards. Thats my excuse anyway! lol... A Cooper is always in order, that will be my next rimfire. Good luck on the Fusion.

· Registered
210 Posts
I havn't shot the fusion on paper in a while, the last 5 groups on paper were -5/8". That was with a Weaver GS 6x20, great scope but no side focus. It went home to rest on the 257 wby.. I will get it on paper shortly with the Zeiss and I'll bring the calipers, lol... My Fusion shoots better than I do, and it's a gopher misting machine, so I can't ask for more than that. I wish you luck getting yours straightened out.

· Registered
210 Posts
Sorry my gophering has been on my family's place in MT. (I'm just working in WA. to buy guns and ammo LOL)My bro. still can't believe the arsonal I bring just to shoot gophers. It the funnest hunt I have done, none stop action. I don't think I will miss another Mem. day. If you are board in the spring most anyone in our area will let you shoot to hearts content at gophers. They are really a vermin in some areas. 100 gophers = 1 cow so a village of them will devistate a hay or grain field. Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.