Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What scope do you have on your .17s?

69565 Views 290 Replies 195 Participants Last post by  ThisIsFun
I am trying to decide on a scope for my Ruger 77/17 VM/BBZ, I would like to keep it under $400. I have thought about the Weaver V-24 not sure I like the reticle, the V-16 is nice. I have also looked at the Leupold VX II 6-18x40. I plan on shooting paper and small fuzzy animals. Any thoughts would be great.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
There is no dot, just a very thin duplex. It is excellent for target shooting, thinner the better for me. When hunting I usually have no trouble but I have good eyes and I hunt in a open field. If I was hunting squirrels in a forest it might be a little tougher to use but that is just a guess, haven't ever tried it. Overall I love the scope, I highly recommend it.

· Registered
36 Posts
Coyote, I double checked and I have no dot. Duplex is very fine. I got mine from Natchezss.com and that is the reticle it came with. There was only one V-24 to choose from. I would like to see first hand what the one with the dot looks like, have to keep my eyes open for someone else who has one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.