Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few choices: BKL, Millet, Beeman, CZ, and others

How about a response with which ones you bought, how well you like them, how much room for the scope objective they give, along with where you bought and what they cost. I have a simmons 1048 I want to put on my ultra-lux when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
el solo

I bought the factory rings for my varmint because of the 11 mm thing being all new to me. they are good solid steel rings, four screws per ring where the scope sets. I am very satisfied with them but they were high $50. Seems to me most people are getting bkl, what ever that means I do not know. I am still learning about things around here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rings for the CZ

I went with the Millet angle loc high rings because they had them where I bought the gun and I knew they would work. Mounted the Simmons 1048 off one of my trick 10/22's to get me started. Though the gun was just $369, it shoots well enough that I plan to get a real premium scope for it. In preparation for that I've gathered Burris Signature Z rings in medium and high and ordered the Brookie Weaver dovetail adapters. My adapters are for the 3/8" tip off type because I have an American receiver, but Brookie makes the Weaver adapters for the 11mm as well. There also appear to be two heights available. I went with the newer low adapters because I should have enough ring height even if I go as far a 56 mm objective. Brookies site also shows his older, higher adapters which also may still be available.

I figured that if I wanted to be trying some really good scopes on this baby, the scopes would be safest in Signature Z's. I'm also trying to standardize on Weaver mounts cause I never really have gotten used to the idea of mounts that need a broomstick as a mounting tool.

This forum is filled with nothing but praise for the Signature Z's and I've picked up the multiple offset insert kit as well, so Brookies adapter was the solution I was looking for. If it works as well as I hope I'll probably order another adapter for the 3/8" tip off grooves on my Remington 540-X... :t

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
I too have the Millet Angleloc mid height. Right now I am running a 3x9x32 scope on there until the BSA 6.5x24 comes in. I like the idea of being able to center the scope rings on the gun via the bases, leaving me unlimited windage and elevation capability. Forward portion of the scope is right against the open sights, but the new scope will be longer and will fit right over the sight without removing it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have used the BKLs and would recommend them heartily - they are cheap and very effective on either 11mm or 3/8" dovetails. The rings are designed to keep the scope centered over the bore. They are tall enough to take many large scopes in stride. Hard to beat for $18 and a great one to have on-hand.

I'm currently using a set of my old high adapters with Burris Signature Zee Rings in high. I could probably use mediums but the highs are comfortable for silhouette shooting.

Don't forget the Millett CZ ZKM rings that are designed for the flat receiver and 11mm dovetail.

If you need high rings the Beeman 5030H are the tallest I have seen.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've tried a lot of ring combinations on my Lux. I've used the CZ rings for a Leupold 3-9x33 EFR and the BKLs for a Simmons 1048. Both worked just fine. After shooting with the irons for a while, I recently removed the rear sight ramp in order to get the scope as low as possible. I'm now using Brookie's adapters with Burris Medium Signature Zee rings, which I like because it doesn't raise my cheek weld too high. For a while there, I was looking for a solution that would let me keep the irons in place with quick release rings. The Weaver quick release rings made this possible, and even let me shoot the irons through the rings, but raised the scope too high. I would have needed some sort of cheekpiece, and I didn't want to cover up the beautiful wood.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
CZ Scope rings

I have #257 BKL rings on my American.They appear to be well made & nicely finished. With the V24 Weaver there is lots of clearance. I'm sure you would be OK with these & the 1048 Simmons on the ultra lux with the 11mm dovetail.

Rod.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm using Burris Signature Zee Rings with...

Brookie's adapters on both my CZs: a 17HMR American/Varmint (3/8"dovetail) and a .22 LR standard Varmint (11mm dovetail).
Do it right the first time. ;)

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
One thing you are probably aware of already is that the scope is likely to interfere with the rear sight base. You can remove the rear sight easily enough but you will likely need to go with higher rings that you might use on an American or Varmint to get the scope objective clear of the rear sight.

I might have an old prototype of my high adapters around if you'd like to give them a try. Most likely the low ones will be too low with the rear sight and the big objective.

I was also wondering whether the rear sight base is in the same place on the Ultra as it is on the Lux and Special? If so I imagine they had to recalibrate the sight ramp to work with the longer sight radius. If the base if farther foward it might not be the same problem as on the Special/Lux.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I use Kwik-Site mounts. These are the non-see through type and sit low enough to the receiver on my 452 Special to be useful. The scope is a very old 32mm Weaver k8. That and the mounts work out perfecly for me.
JS:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.