Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What kind of trainer?

500 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  GevarmGunNut
What kind of trainer is this? When was it made? Parts available? Worth? I just bought it, thought it was a nice little gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,630 Posts
What???

Nice little Mauser, tal35. I'd love to have that rear sight for my French Gevarm A7. Your Mauser looks a LOT like the Gevarm E1 .22rf semi. I would think it is fairly historical piece. :bthumb:

Reddogge, what is the URL of that site you mention? And, if it's NOT a training rifle for the German military, why did Mauser give it such a military profile? You've got my curiosity aroused. I love old oddball .22s. ;)

Best regards to you both ~ ~ ~ GGN

· Registered
1,630 Posts
Thanks for those webites, Dirt Dog. That pretty well answered my question. Was not aware Mauser did that. Figured ALL their commercial rifles would look a lot less military.

Browsed some of the postings while at the latter site and ran across a couple of guns I have. I am NOT a milsurp fan. Only own two I can think of: 85 Winchester Low Wall Winder Musket .22SHORT (1918), and Canuckian Inglis HP Chinese contract which was a Valentine Day gift from my wife a couple of years ago.

The two guns posted were the Ross 1912 Cadet (Mine is the 1912 Commercial Target), and the Savage Mdl. 19 NRA (got two of those). I collect US and Canadian .22rf single-shots, older and more oddball the better.

Just learned tal35's Mauser is a single shot. Unfortunately it's not US or Canadian. :mad:

Oh well...

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.