Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What kind of trainer?

476 6
What kind of trainer is this? When was it made? Parts available? Worth? I just bought it, thought it was a nice little gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
What???

Nice little Mauser, tal35. I'd love to have that rear sight for my French Gevarm A7. Your Mauser looks a LOT like the Gevarm E1 .22rf semi. I would think it is fairly historical piece. :bthumb:

Reddogge, what is the URL of that site you mention? And, if it's NOT a training rifle for the German military, why did Mauser give it such a military profile? You've got my curiosity aroused. I love old oddball .22s. ;)

Best regards to you both ~ ~ ~ GGN

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Thanks for those webites, Dirt Dog. That pretty well answered my question. Was not aware Mauser did that. Figured ALL their commercial rifles would look a lot less military.

Browsed some of the postings while at the latter site and ran across a couple of guns I have. I am NOT a milsurp fan. Only own two I can think of: 85 Winchester Low Wall Winder Musket .22SHORT (1918), and Canuckian Inglis HP Chinese contract which was a Valentine Day gift from my wife a couple of years ago.

The two guns posted were the Ross 1912 Cadet (Mine is the 1912 Commercial Target), and the Savage Mdl. 19 NRA (got two of those). I collect US and Canadian .22rf single-shots, older and more oddball the better.

Just learned tal35's Mauser is a single shot. Unfortunately it's not US or Canadian. :mad:

Oh well...

Best regards ~ ~ ~ GGN

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I think the style was just a popular style in Germany in the 30s. All of the manufacturers had rifles that looked similar to this one. As a matter of fact some of our rifles bore similar looks like the old Winchester 57, Stevens NRA 1922, Steven 23, etc.

Target shooting was very popular in Germany at the time since larger bore rifles and military rifles were forbidden in accordance with the Versailles Treaty after WW1. Shooting clubs proliferated and participation was encouraged all the way to the Olympic level. How convenient for Hitler to have a nation of target shooters waiting in the wings for his little plan. Just like all of the glider flying clubs in Germany at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.