Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Varmit and I am trying to decide on rings to fit my Simmons ATV 4.5-14x40 AO scope on without getting to big of a gap between the bell and the barrel.I have BLK 257s and the gap is a little much.It is over 1/2 inch and I would like less.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I just sold my 17HMR Varmint to sandhiller78, but I had high Milletts with a 4.5-14 ATV and they worked just fine. I don't remember the exact gap between the AO and the barrel, but it was a lot closer that 1/2".

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have burris signature rings for .22 in the extra high with a Weaver KT15 (40mm objective). The gap is 3/8". The rings fit the groove well. My eye naturally finds the scope objective when my cheek is on the stock.

I really like the signature rings because the plastic inserts don't scratch, mar, or distort the tube. Brookes recommends using signature rings too. I've bought the eccentric plastic inserts to bore sight. This allows for minimal use of the windage and elevation knobs. I can keep the cross hairs centered in the scope which, in theory, improves the scope's performance. It supposedly helps repeatability. My scopes do pass the box test. I've also noticed that 1moa correction moves poi 1/2" at 50yds. So, I am able to predict adjustments. I won't attribute all this performance to the rings, but since I've been using the eccentric inserts for bore sight in I haven't experienced unpredictalbe performance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got burris rings and a leupold vx-2 6-18 AO with the fine duplex on my varmint. It works pretty well, no complaints. I've got a sightron s2 mildot on my Style that I use as cheap trainig for my remmy pss, and that one works pretty nicely as well.

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Brookies low weaver adapters and burris signature zee rings in high with currently a bushnell 4200 6-24x scope mounted. I have used these adapeters and signature zee rings in about 3 scopes with this gun and I love the setup.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
With Brookie's "low" adapters and Burris Signature Zee rings, "high" rings ARE REQUIRED to mount an ATV to a Varmint. Not so with an American, which can use the "mediums", but true with the Varmint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.