Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Quad on Friday, picked up some Burris Deluxe steel rings and am now waiting for my Leupold 3-9 EFR to arrive. I have the trigger set as light as it will go. When shooting off of a bench, what kind of groups should I expect with AE22 or MiniMags @ 50 yards? 100 yards?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Expect ?

?????????????? No one can say , not with any firearm ...

Its just a matter of shooting different loads and seeing what the gun likes ...

Best load for money SK/Wolf ....

But try as many different bulk packs as possible etc ...

When you find one you can live with , away you go ...

My 541T shoots under .5 with ammo it likes and over 1.5inches with ammo it does not like ...

Matt

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Yeah

I can see that , esp with Lapua Ammo ....

But generic USA made ammo etc is not quite the same quality ...

If you can find $15 for 500 RND ammo that shoots :bthumb:

:p

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope this guy doesn't mind me borrowing this pic. This group was shot with AE22 @ 50M with his Anschutz 1712.

I know he has a better trigger, but if I can do a group like this with my 10/22 @ 50 yards with the same ammo, I hope I can do something between the two with the Sako.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Quad accuracy

Mine will lob Wolf MT into .250 circles at 50yds, 100 yds is a crapshot because of the ballisticly challenged slug. I can even cut that size with Lapua Midas and it shoots Eley 10X as well. It will shoot Winchester Powerpoints into .5" and is my go-to squirrel round. I'm using a Pentax 4.5x14 and a 1pc ARA rest for testing. Frankly with these selling at the 420.00 mark now I don't think you can buy a better rimfire, I also have Hunters in 17HMR and 22Mag.

·
Registered
776 Posts
saying one guy can shoot a group in one gun with the ammo you are wanting to use and asking that it translate to a totally different gun is not a good way of going at it. Get the scope mounted and then start going through 50rd boxes of every different type of .22lr ammo you can find and afford and see what your rifle likes. FWIW, my first Quad shot in the .2's with wolf match extra and my second one shot about the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.