Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stared playing with sub sonic loads in the last year. Wondering what brands you guys are using. And what kind of groups you are getting out of what gun.

So far I tried Remington's but given up on them because they burn soo dirty its downright ugly. Also tried Eley subs they do ok but nothing real special in my guns and they cost $10.00 a box around here. So looking for something else.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I am in the same boat as you are. I can locally get the Rem Subs but wanted to try something different so I ordered a few bricks of the PMC Moderator and got it today. They are quieter than the Rem but they still functioned in a 10/22 and the Win 74 that I shot. Didn't get around to accuracy testing yet.

·
Registered
872 Posts
PMC Mods are great on my CZ 513 and 452. Shooting from a bench with a front rest at 30 yds, I get 1/2 groups or less pretty consistently. They do well on my other rifles also. Don't smell like gun powder but they shoot good....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have been shooting the Aguila .22lr Subsonic Hollow Point in my 10/22 and they seem to perform very well. I liked it so much I bought two bricks, for now, from here... http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of__22lr.html

It's pretty cheap, and it's Eley primed!

Does anybody have any information on the "ELEY SPORT"? I traded another shooter at the range some Aguila subs for some of his Eley Sport, the Sport shot quite well. He said he paid $1.79 locally for it. Is it subsonic?

Gary

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My son's 981T loves the CCI subsonic hp better than anything I have hade the pleasure to shoot through it, (haven't shot any of the real expensive target stuff).

My Remington 541T seems to perfer the Remington subsonic to the other loadings I have shot in it. I did pick up some of the Aguila 38gr subsonics this morning and gave them a try. They where about the same as the Rems. funny thing is this gun HATES the CCI subs. I think it is the bullet shape, the CCI has a bearing ring further forward on the bullet than others. One day I plan on getting around to testing some of the realy expensive stuff. For now the Rem subs. shoot better than most of the lower end target stuff I have tried, for me they shoot less than 1/2 inch at 50 yards.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
my biathlon basic throws pmc moderators to 3/8 at 25 yards, i dont expect them to open up much at 50. rem subsonics wernt as good, maybe 1/2 but i doubt it, lots of fliers (like all remington rimfire) and i know for once its not the gun...that biathlong just doesnt throw fliers!

pmc may smell funny but WOW are they quiet. def wouldnt need ear protection for hunting :) still use it at the range, just smart thing to do...

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
SK Subsonic

Try looking here: http://www.skmunition.de/englisch/weicheng.html?Haupt=willengl.html, it's SK Jagd und Sport Munition's website. They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Nammo Group, which is Lapua's parent company. You can get them from Champions Choice in Tennessee, www.champchoice.com, or from Champion Shooters, www.championshooters.com. Maybe other places. Think of them as Wolf Match Target or Match Extra or SK Match, but with a hollowpointed bullet. I've shot them before in the other Kimber I had, but they didn't work that great out of it. But dey duz in the one I have now! :t

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.