Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it is a 22 scope but it is the smallest Redfield I have ever seen. It has the serial number below the 4X V14114. On the objective end it says Redfield Gunsight Company Denver Colorado. Is it worth anything? It is like new.It is a 3/4" tube

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Redfield Rimfire Scope

ruger66,

Most probably it is a rimfire scope from the 50's or 60's, made by the original "Redfield Gunsight Company"; it would be a very good quality scope, and quite desirable for someone restoring a vintage .22 .....! ! :)

Hope this helps...! ! :)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
ruger66,

The original "Redfield Gunsight Company" was driven into bankruptcy by the imports [Tasco], and it is no more....! ! :(

I seriously doubt that anyone anywhere has any information on scope serial numbers...! ! :(

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have one of those scopes in 4X, I got it back in the late sixties. It was one of the first scopes made especially for rimfire rifles and small centerfires, Weaver had a couple of models out at the same time and were it's main competition. In their time these scopes were fine and I used them for many years and even though they don't compare to todays scopes I do not think they ever caused me to miss an animal while hunting, they worked. I pulled out a mid sixties Shooter's Bible and this is what it had to say. The scope was called the Redfield Sport-ster 3/4 inch scope. The Redfield Sport-ster scope is available in 2 3/4 and 4 power, in 3/4 inch tube diameter. These fixed power scopes are suited for both 22 caliber and high power rifles using Redfield JR, SR or DL bases. The price is $34.95, which was pretty high in those days.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
ruger66,

My Redfield Sportster 4X is serial numbered V17042.

It reached me in its original box with all its papers and lens caps.

It was made in 1966.

Prices vary from $140.00 to $180.00, on eBay, depending on condition.

I use it on a springer air rifle, because after many years of heavy use it has not shifted from its original zero.

It is parallax-free for 80 yards, but I use it from 10 to 35 meters (yards), without problem.

Enjoy it.

Crete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.