Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought it in error. Aguila super collbri .22 20 grains (no gun powder)
says it on the box. And it dont. So what is this round used for. It's not for a starting pistol.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
At 500 fps it's slower than a lot of air rifles. It's meant to be a quiet, stealthy round. Make sure every round exits your barrel. I seem to recall a post or two from people that ringed their rifle barrel by shooting a round after the previous one jammed in the barrel. Not good.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Quiet.
Good for the smallest of critters at close range, without disturbing anyone/thing. Also good for basement shooting.

It's about 500fps, but has more mass than a typical pellet rifle...which means more energy. Oddly, it's quieter than ALL my pellet rifles when fired from a rifle.

Super colibri tends to jam in LONGGGGG or tight barrels--Never happened to me, though, and mine go up to 25"

It's only accurate enough to use to 15-20yds...maybe push 25ish on a calm day, but it drops off fast.
I tried shooting pop-cans one day at 50yds. My first shot nailed a popcan and sent it flying backward about a two feet--the problem was I was aiming at the pop can 3feet to the right. :eek:

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I have some of the original Colibri (around 300 fps),not the super and I've never had any stick in any of my bbls up to 26" great for pest control around the house.I've taken Groundhog in the back yard @ 15 yds with 'em. they are very accurate within their usable range. :t --JMJ--

·
Registered
270 Posts
Super Colibri is my FAVORITE rodent round!

bought it in error. Aguila super collbri .22 20 grains (no gun powder)
says it on the box. And it dont. So what is this round used for. It's not for a starting pistol.
Thanks
It's quieter than my springer air rifle, the 20gr pellet is better than the 7.5gr .177 pellet rifle and it's very accurate out of a rifle. Tree rats don't suffer much when hit. :t
I have two brick but I wish I had two cases.:bthumb:

VERY nice round to have for it's limited applications. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.