Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6,719 Posts
Bluebook is meaningless this time. I see "mint" and "like new" Grade Is go all the time for $600 plus off Gunbroker - actual sales, not bids. The last mint Grade II I tracked went for just over $900. I follow these, because I own a "mint" Grade I that I've convinced my wife I have to keep because it is a "collector"

· Registered
2,725 Posts
Blue book Values

I strongly disagree about the blue book values being meaningless but I do agree that most of the on-line gun sites are way over priced. I have a small gun collection (100+) and am constantly adding items to it when the price is right. You just have to have the money available and strike while the iron is hot. My latest purchase was a LNIB Unique Model D .22LR pistol which I paid $20 less than the blue book and the one before that was a 98% Browning Grade 1 BL-22 that was $50 less than blue book. 3 years ago I got a Browning Model 425 0/U for $600 less than than blue book. You just have to know what they are worth, be patient and refuse to pay above that.

Wayne38

· Registered
3,017 Posts
Welcome to RFC

375hh said:
Excuse a beginer in the ATD world
What i does NIB stands för

/Johan
ATD=Automatic Take Down; short for the Browning rifle that loads thru the butt-stock and ejects from the bottom of the receiver.
NIB=New In Box; has never been fired and has all paperwork, tags,etc.

Don't think twice about asking questions. That's how we all learned what we may know.

:Welcome:

· Registered
260 Posts
I've been a gun enthusiast for over 50 yrs. and didn't realize how stupid i was until i got on this forum and found out how good some of these guys are and how willing they were to share there expertise with me.In fact i was wondering what ATD meant(thanks fullchoke) just one example of the many things i've learned.I was timid at first to ask for fear of looking stupid till i founs out how great these guys were to help.Thanks fullchoke and others.Gn Luver :t

· Registered
224 Posts
I was at a small gunshow in Pasadena, Texas ( a suburb of Houston ) today. A guy had several ATDs, all Belgian. He had several in .22 short, the one on the table that he claimed to be near mint ( it wasn't) he wanted 950.00. The NIB built in about 1969 ( I have one in .22 LR built in 1970 could have been its twin ) he wanted 750.00. As I was standing there he unlocked a duplicate of the 950.00 gun and sold it. So I guess that's the going rate for some of the ATDs.

Didn't see any BAR or BLs.

Last month at the HGC show at Reliant Center I saw several Grade Is that were priced in the 900s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.