Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to AMT Custom?

Hi

Does nay one know what happened to AMT custom shop. I have not seen any thing on them for years now. Did they go out of business and why?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
AMT Custom Shop

Bill,

I believe AMT did go out of business. Last I recall reading, they had moved to Montana. I do not find them listed in the 2002 Gun Digest Manufacturers Directory. :(

A "Google" search turned up these: [maybe 'dated' info...? ? )

AMT
Attn: Service Department
6226 Santos Diaz Street
Irwindale, CA 91702
Voice: (818) 334-6629
(Manufactures, among other things, the Backup line. This is the address to send a weapon to for service as well as a phone number to contact the company)
[Manufacturer:firearms]

AMT Custom Shop
(916) 642-9333
Fax: (916) 626-7223
[Gunsmith]

Source:
http://www.recguns.com/Phonebook/rgpb_a.html

Good Luck.....! ! :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
AMT (Acreadea Machine & Tool, the Gun Company started by Harry Sanford) went out of business in 1999. At that time all of their inventory was purchased by a company called Galena Industries, and they moved to Sturgis South Dakota. However Galena Industries is also now out of business.

I just recently found a gun shop in Rapid City South Dakota that was a distributor for Galena Industries. They still have several NIB AMT Handguns on hand. I just purchased a AMT 1911 .45 ACP Hardballer from them (actually will pick it up next weekend at a local gun show).

Larry

PS, Not sure if any of this affected the AMT Custom Shop or not.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will I found out what happened to AMT Custom Shop

I email Sam Paredes and he replied:

Unfortunately, The State of California passed the "Firearms Manufacturers Act" Which effectively put us out of business. I got so upset that I ran for the State Assembly. I lost and that was a good thing because then I went to work for Gun Owners of California and Gun Owners of America fighting to save our rights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.