Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What does yours 597 like to eat...!

4055 Views 45 Replies 38 Participants Last post by  wood-man
Come on lads......... list your babies favourite food.....

Mine likes:
Eley xtra Hollow Point Subs - (Under 1" @50m)
The onlything I dont like about the Eley is the WAX lube they use -some batches are OK and others are covered in the stuff big time - clogging the mags....

Mini Mags....... (apx 1" @50m)
Winchester Standards (apx 1"@ 50m)
Winchester Subs (apx 1" @50m)
Remington - had a few bad batches so never use the stuff..!
CCI Blazer - 1.5"@50m on a good day!!

What does yors like and hate...?
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
1,370 Posts
mine has been munching on the federal bulk packs from walmart. I may try something else tomorrow when I go to the range, but the gun is shooting fine with what I've got now..

· Registered
2 Posts
I tried a bunch of ammo in this honey.
I put 13 mini-mags inside .75" at 50 yds.(couldn't stop shooting)
This was the best of the bunch out of the box.
Test included CCI standard and Velocitor, Winchester Supreme, Federal Gold Match, RWS subsonic and target rifle.

I can't complain about a rifle that likes the cheap stuff.

Jeff

· Registered
1,370 Posts
I'd like to recant my Federal bulk pack statement, I went to the range today and the group on a target at 25 yds was about the size of the bottom of a frying pan :eek:

I shot 100 rounds of Remington Thunder bolts (nostalgia thing I guess, I used them as a kid) and the pattern was just a bit bigger than a quarter at 25 yds.

I then shot 100-150 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and got the size to under a quarter.

I'm liking the Remingtons cause they are dirt cheap, but the mini mags seem to be talking business. I'll try again this weekend and see what I can do. I may have been part of the problem in this equation.

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Federal 510 and 510B, Remington Target, Remington Golden Bullet 36gr HP.
All of those average .5" at 50yds. Wolf Match Target, and hand selected Remington Target will shoot between .255"-.387" at 50yds.
As far as CB's CCI will yield .4"-.5" groups at 35yds and Winchester CB Match will yield roughly .7" at 35yds.

Federal Auto Match shoots roughly minute of a tin can and so does Federal bulk 36gr HP.

Tried many things just had better to the same results with those particular loads.

· Registered
855 Posts
17hmr

Mine is an HMR and it shoots everything sub MOA @ 100 yards ... until I hit 20 rounds or so and then it's slowly opens up to just over 2" and stays there.... a couple of passes with a patchworm and EEzox and I can get it back down to just over an inch but needs a copper solvent to get it back under an inch.

I really like these 597's

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.