Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What do you think?

308 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Gibletks
I went to the range yesterday to shoot my 10/22. Completely stock, with a cheap ole tasco 4x scope on top. With the small scope and a decent rest i was getting 2-3 inch groups at 100yds. I want to keep my gun stock, but what do you recommend to improve my 100yd accuracy. It punches one hole groups at 25yds.

New scope...
Better rest...

What do you all think

Chris
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
2-3 inch groups at 100 yards witha 4 power scope is pretty damned good, IMO. That's a squirrel every shot.

Perhaps get a higher power scope to see if anything really needs to be done.

Check your 50 yard accuracy. 100 yards is asking a bit much of standard velocity .22LR.

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am using stingers out of my gun. It loves them at 25 but opens up a bit at 50. It was a trick to keep my point of aim the same at 100yds but i put up a TC sight in target and the red and white make it easy to aim at. Just aimed about 5" up right in line with the breakup of colors. Turned out OK. I finally got my rest tinkered with enough so i can steady my gun very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.