Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fellow shooter at my club has had good luck with a 2-7x32 airgun scope from BSA on his 77/22. In fact, wins more than anyone else at our weekly fun matches.

Being as I have been looking for a good 50' scope that will also work for 50yds (and not having much luck) I decided to try one of these. It was $48 from Midway.

I sighted in in last night on my Romanian .22 and I am pretty impressed. The overall quality seems to be decent- it is attractive and fit and finish is good. Target knobs work fine, as does the AO. Scope is clear and crisp at 2x-5x, declining a little at 6x-7x but still quite useable (remember, this is 50'). Groups were best at lower power, but this may be me. Best groups were about 1/4" (one hole of course) with Wolf MT which is about as good as I can expect anyway. So, thus far the BSA seems to be okay and well worth the $$, but we will see in time.

I am wondering what other experiences folks have had with airgun scopes? I was thinking about getting the Bushnell 3-9x32AO as well but it costs $20 more and is glossy.

Anything to watch out for (specifically) on the BSA? I've heard the horror stories but nothing about the airgun scopes in particular.

·
Registered
574 Posts
hi penguin,

have'nt really had a chance to use it yet, but I just bought a Gamo Hunter 220 it came with a BSA scope on it. I took the scope off (due to the fact that I prefer open sites on my air rifles) and put the scope and rings on my sons cz scout 22. I've heard the horror stories about BSAas well, but I guess we'll see, given that the scope and rings were basically free, I'm hopefull:p if it does'nt, at least the rings are off good quality and very sturdy:t

·
Registered
909 Posts
Scopes are designated airgun scopes because they are able to stand the sharp front-back recoil. They are also able to adjust the parallax to shorter distances, like 15 yards. The parallax is still adjustable out to infinity, however.

I have an outstanding Bushnell "Airgun scope" on my 30'06. Very bright optics. Got it at SWFA.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a 6-18X40 Simmons Airgun Silhouette scope mounted on a 52B Winchester Sporter. It works very well--for me it doesn't focus as well above 12 power with my glasses on--although it's very good below 12 power. However, if I take off my glasses it focuses well at the higher powers. I can't blame the scope for my bad eyesight!! It's a good scope and I like it--I paid 'bout 100 bucks for it from SWFA several years ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Tasco 3-12X airgun scope on my 10/22T and it does a great job! When I bought the rifle at a local gunshow it had a BSA 4X airgun scope on it but I wanted more than 4X for target work. Both scopes are very clear and the adjustments work good too. Best of all the Tasco was $59.99 at Midsouth's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.