Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas.. everyone here has been a ton of help thus far. I thank you all for that. Tonight I installed a dokotan bolt buffer, VQ extractor, a Power Custom base for my scope, and a Vq hammer. I cleaned all the ruger preservative off with gun scrubber, and used rem dry lube before putting it back together. Everything seemed to go back together rather easily, but now the bolt seems to be sluggish and a little harder to pull back. I checked to make sure the screws from the scope base didnt come down too far. I am at a loss. I was expectin the bolt to be a little more smooth after i broke everything down and cleaned it....also, the bolt catch/release seems to be a lot more tough to operate. Did i screw somethin up?, or is this normal after getting the ruger goo out of the action for the first time? Im not sure if it fires correctly or not as im in the city, and the man frowns upon discharging a firearm in the city limits.

Sorry for such a long post and thank you in advance,

Justin
(Rookie)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
pull the trigger group off of the reciever, check everything visually and put it back together. Mine does this occasionally, I haven't figured out what it is, but putting it together again usually fixes it.

my personal opinion - I'd never shoot a firearm that was questionable in operation, take that for what it's worth.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Hammer Strut Assembly

Rookie,
Everything seemed to go back together rather easily, but now the bolt seems to be sluggish and a little harder to pull back.
I suspect that you have installed the "Hammer Strut Assembly" [#22, #23, & #24] 'up-side-down'......! ! :(

The slot in the retainer [#24] MUST face UP.....! ! :eek:

Trigger Group

Good Luck......! ! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the hammer strut assembely to make sure that the notch was up. Could the new spring i put on the hammer strut be the reason for the stiffer bolt? I re checked the trigger assembely, and everything seems to be correct.

Thanks for the help,

Justin
(Rookie)

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
new spring.....? ?

Rookie,

Could the new spring i put on the hammer strut be the reason for the stiffer bolt?
What new spring...? ?

I would put the "Ruger" spring back in.....! ! :)

Let us know how you make out....... ;)

Remember: "What is wrong is what is new".... :eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigMike, The spring I was refering to was sent with the new VQ hammer. I went back and put the factory spring back in, but the action seems to still be a little stiff. Also the trigger pull seems very spongee(sp?). I might just need to run some ammo through it to break the action in.

Thanks,
Justin
(Rookie)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for all the help. taking it apart 2 or 3 times and not seeing anything wrong, I re cleaned the action, and did not put the dry lube back on and she is working flawlessly. Voodoodaddy was on the money. Once again thanks to you guys for all your help. You are too kind.

Im sure i will be hitting you up for more info in the future
Thanks,

Justin
(Rookie)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.