Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What case do you like for RRR?

486 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  fullchoke
I need a case for my new RRR. Have you come across a good deal on a case that fits the 10/22/barracuda?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,438 Posts
I prefer hard cases myself, you can pick them up pretty cheap anymore. A double rifle case will certainly work good.

· Registered
84 Posts
If you have a scope on your rifle, its best to use a hard case. Soft cases will still let the scope to be banged around, jeprodizing its accuracy. I picked up a Dosko double rifle case for like $40 at Big 5 Sporting good when it was on sale. Its big enough to fit 2 .22's with plenty of room, and its durable as hell.

· Registered
906 Posts
A re-post, but.......

I LOVE these, and have 4 of them now:

Contained in one of these cases, my favorite target rifle rolled off the hood of my car and landed on solid concrete. I almost had a heart attack.
Upon inspection, the case had some very minor road rash, and the gun hadn't even moved; ZERO damage. The scope was even still zeroed. :D

There's more info HERE. They usually run about $30.00, and are worth every freaking penny. :t

FWIW! ;) - Dakotan

· Registered
134 Posts
tx blazer said:
Where can you get the Plano case? I have never seen them before.
Just do a search on google for plano airglide thats how i found mine got a good price to sorry i dont remember who i got it from.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Tango 5 said:
If you have a scope on your rifle, its best to use a hard case. Soft cases will still let the scope to be banged around, jeprodizing its accuracy. I picked up a Dosko double rifle case for like $40 at Big 5 Sporting good when it was on sale. Its big enough to fit 2 .22's with plenty of room, and its durable as hell.
+1 for the Dosko case. You can get the double at Wal-Mart for $18, or the single for $14. They're on the low-end of the hard case spectrum, but they do the job for me quite well without breaking the bank.

If I were loaded with money, I'd get an SKB or ATA. That Plano air case looks really nice though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.