Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What are they for and where can you get them?

452 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  kaynine
Where can you get those little round black & white (buckeyes i call them) that go in where a hole has been drilled in the bottom of a Marlin stock?And while i am asking stupid questions i'll ask another one what are they for besides looks.I've lost a couple and would like to replace.Thanks Gn Luver
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,412 Posts
Those are Marlin's bulls eyes. Marlin installs them on their higher quality stocks.

Numruch has them for a few bucks each. They're sold unshaped/unfinished, both ends are cut square so you'll need to sand them to shape after fitting to the stock.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dKemper,Thanks for the info,I order from Numrich quite often its nice to find the source.It seems they dry out over time and fall out leaving an unsightly hole.I,ve had it happen on two different rifles.Thanks again (gn luver) Max W.

· Registered
745 Posts
gn luvr..
You can call Marlin direct and get them. PHONE: 800-544-8892

I believe they were a Marketing tool used to make them stand out as a Marlin when in the dealer's racks.

Regards, Jack

· Registered
1,377 Posts
I'd also like to thank you Jack for the source information. I have several Marlins missing those stink'n Bullseyes and didn't know where to get replacements. It's interesting to see how many people actually thought that they were markers for buttstock sling mounts and dug them out and screwed in a swivel stud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.