Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standard model? Or does it just depend on the specific rifle? Can anyone at least recommend a nice ammo that is likely to give good results with my CZ? (BTW, for those who read my other thread on this rifle, I have not cut the bbl - it's stock at this point). Next time I go to the range, I'm going to have a 6-24x scope on it, and so I want to see what I and the rifle can do at 100 yards from benchrest. Also, where is the best deal on the ammo you recommend, internet-seller-wise? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
"What ammo will group the best in my new CZ 452 .22lr?
Standard model? Or does it just depend on the specific rifle?"

Yes , I would believe that it all depends on the specific rifle. My own CZ 452 has shot very well with:

Federal Target
Federal Match
CCI Standard Velocity
Eley/Remington Target Rifle

A lot of shooters here have had good results with Wolf ammo. I have tried the Match Target but it did not do any better than the above 4.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Myself and another member were at the range last week and he was shooting some nice 100 yard groups with CCI Mini Mags.

I have always liked Winchester Super-X for 100 yard shooting.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The question was....

"What ammo will group the best in my new CZ 452 .22lr?"

Off the top of my head I'd say, "the ammo that can consistently put 10 rounds in the smallest space." :D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The best three I've found in my Ultra Lux. In order of USBR scores with differences noted in (-)
Ely Tenex
Aguila SE Standard Vel (-4pts)
Wolf MT (-14 pts)
Paul

·
Registered
123 Posts
What ammo

The forum has several good suggestions, but in my experience, there are far too many variables involved with each individual rifle. Before you do anything irreverseable to the barrel, try several types of ammo and carefully record your results. Don't test on windy days or your results won't be worth what you paid for the ammo.

Since your putting a 24X scope on your CZ, you will have all the magnification required for these tests. You will be able to see your breathing, heart beat, and **** near the rotation of the earth on the target.

Generally, target grade ammo will give you the best groups due to higher quality standards during in the manufacture of these rounds. Even with the higher standards, the occasional flyer will give you fits. What your looking for is the ammo that has the best consistancy in your particular rifle. My Ultra Lux likes most of what I've tried. Even the cheap Remington hollow points in the 550 packs at Wal-Mart will group under .30 at 50 yards. I like to shoot too much to pay for the target grade ammo most of the time.

If your serious about getting the smallest groups, remember the rifle can be made more consistant as well. With various bedding techniques and tuning, a 22 rimfire with a sporter weight barrel can deliver some amazing results.

Good Luck on your search for the smallest groups!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.