Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going prairie dogging end of this month, and had this afternoon off, so I thought I would take my latest 10/22 project to the indoor range just to make sure it is up to the job. Got a Volquartsen 16.5" THM carbon fiber barrel (without compensator) on a Hogue overmold stock with a drop in Volquartsen trigger assembly and VQ exact edge extractor I got from RFC sponsor Rimfire Sports & Custom. A Leupold 2-8 (or something like that) x 40 mm. sits on top.

Had messed with the gun last week, but just wanted to make sure it was perfect before going to the land of bodacious prairie dogs. Loaded up 10 rounds of Wolf Match Target ammo, which is about the best I can use for zeroing a .22. At 50 yards (max at the indoor range) the first five shots went into about 0.5" group, 1" high (where I zeroed it last week), slightly to the right. So, I left the elevation alone and moved the windage one click (.25") to the left. Aimed a little lower this time and popped off the next five rounds. Hey, all five went smack dead center into the bullseye in a group measuring no more than 1/3". That's a wrap. No more shooting for me this p.m. Leave it alone. Time to pack up and go home.

What a disappointment! No more shooting; 10 rounds; just go home and post this report on RFC.

Oh, BTW, guess when I can scrape together another $200 that the wife won't miss, I'll have to order another VQ trigger assembly and extractor from Alan for my other 10/22 project. Sometimes it's just hard to get ahead. :D

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
What a disappointment!

We all sympathize!

I remember some ten years ago I went to the range with a friend that had just purchased his first handgun. He was a pretty good shot and was very anxious to try out his new pistol.

From 25 yards he took his first shot.

Smacked the X right out of the center with the first round.

I told him to put that gun back in the box and hang the target in a frame on the wall...

Alas, it was all down hill from there.

Good luck on the prarie dogs!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Big Bad Wolf said:
.17 HM2 THM barrel, Blazer? Why did you have to tell me that? I feel another project coming. EGAD! :eek:
Feel lucky I don't feel them coming any more they just happen and happen and now I need another Safe........................ :D

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together???:D
I've got almost exactly the same set up, just a different scope and a bolt job by CPC, and it shoots just as well as yours.
If you need to shoot some HV hollow points try the Lapuas. They group just about as well as the Wolf for me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had that problem too

First shot center of the x ring, though tempted to stop there, I decided to try art!

remember in the last century when people whould shoot holes in tin, or copper, in pictures like the profile of an Indian Chief, or eagle or whatever!

I'm workin on the portrait of a beautiful young lady and expect the MOMA will be seeking my work shorty!

r :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jweinsteiger said:
Feel lucky I don't feel them coming any more they just happen and happen and now I need another Safe........................ :D
Be careful when you store them together in a safe. They tend to reproduce. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.