Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What .22 pump has the following attributes:

1. Minimum 20" barrel (longer is OK, probably better for what I need).

2. Shoots s, l and lr.

3. Either a grooved receiver for scope or else comes drilled and tapped from the manufacturer or is easily drilled and tapped.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
30,507 Posts
chim's choice is an excellent one, but since the question didn't state that it had to be currently manufactured, I will pick the Winchester model 61.:D
Also the Belgium Browning Trombone which is sometimes made in special runs. It is basically a similar design to the Winchester, by original John Browning patents.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
The High Standard Flite King/ JC Higgins 33 had those qualities. Noble/H&R made one as well, more difficult to find. The Winchester 61 was grooved from '55 on, but expensive to acquire. The Remington 572 is probably the easiest to locate. Maybe the new Henry?

·
Premium Member
30,507 Posts
I never owned a Browning Trombone so I don't know if it was designed to feed all 3 types of 22 rimfire rounds. I do know that the Winchester 61 was designed for all 3 and it was made with a grooved receiver from sometime in 1955 until it was discontinued.

·
Registered
166 Posts
IIRC, the Browning Trombone is/was L.R.-only, and the OP specified all three lengths.

Here's a Remmy:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104256805

The Savage Model 29 was made from the -20's up to 1967, and all would meet your requirements excepting the scope grooves - which one of the later-made ones will have.

But - if you catch a deal on an early one, it's a snap to attach a Weaver one-piece base on,

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=104299793
The Savage model 29 is a piece of junk, soft metal, doesnt wear well at all, if you want a great gun, get a Winchester 61, second best is a Remington 121,

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
as i posted, marlin 38 bought new in 1929/30
my dad hauled turpintine out of our swamp
to pay for it. he said he paid $13, the same as his age at the time.
its still like new, and shoots like a new iron.
very well preserved. 40 years later, it was givin to me!!!!!!!!!
38 years later, it belongs to my son!!!!!!!!!!
my 6 year old grandson shoots it occasionally.
AND WANTS IT NOW, but thats not going to happen just yet!!!!

vepr is right!!!!!!!!!
BUT I HAVE TO ADD---- THE FINEST ANY GUN MANUFACTURER HAS MADE

you can't get any better than that.
this gun has probably had 100's of thousands of rounds threw her
never a problem, never been down, never a disappointment
never been neglected,

with that kind of life,,,,
NEVER FIND ONE BETTER,:Blasting_ :bthumb: :D :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
as i posted, marlin 38 bought new in 1929/30
my dad hauled turpintine out of our swamp
to pay for it. he said he paid $13, the same as his age at the time.
its still like new, and shoots like a new iron.
very well preserved. 40 years later, it was givin to me!!!!!!!!!
38 years later, it belongs to my son!!!!!!!!!!
my 6 year old grandson shoots it occasionally.
AND WANTS IT NOW, but thats not going to happen just yet!!!!

vepr is right!!!!!!!!!
BUT I HAVE TO ADD---- THE FINEST ANY GUN MANUFACTURER HAS MADE

you can't get any better than that.
this gun has probably had 100's of thousands of rounds threw her
never a problem, never been down, never a disappointment
never been neglected,

with that kind of life,,,,
NEVER FIND ONE BETTER,:Blasting_ :bthumb: :D :cool:
Good to know someone had a positive experience, but Im curious, if its like new, could it have been shot much? 100's of thousands of rounds seems a little optimistic

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Good to know someone had a positive experience, but Im curious, if its like new, could it have been shot much? 100's of thousands of rounds seems a little optimistic
Like a well-loved woman, they never get older! You ask an old guy who's really in love if his wife has aged, and if he's a gun guy he'll tell you she's better'n 99%--MINT! Same with your favorite shootin' iron I reckon. LIKE NEW! :p

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
..........but if I could only keep one of my 22 pumps, it would be the Win 61. In the pre WW2 days I don't think any manufacturer ever put out junk. There were some designs that buying public didn't like, but nothing was "junk".

·
Registered
166 Posts
Like a well-loved woman, they never get older! You ask an old guy who's really in love if his wife has aged, and if he's a gun guy he'll tell you she's better'n 99%--MINT! Same with your favorite shootin' iron I reckon. LIKE NEW! :p
that is so true, sometimes I forget about the emotional side, it can turn a road apple into a passion fruit!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
well, to tell you the truth i lost count around 247,321:D
kinda like judging a 120lb trigger pull!!!!!!!!!
i'll tell ya optimistic, a multimillionare playing the lottery, and wins!!!!!!!!!
happens all the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.