Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the final changes to my original project rifle. I do believe for me it's the ultimate 10/22. Feels great, shoots even better. Here's a rundown of parts:

Ruger 10/22 reciever (powdercoated black)
VQ TG2000 trigger
VQ Carbon fiber barrel with black ends and comp
Hawktech bolt buffer
Nikon Monarch 6.5x20x4 scope
Turner Barracuda stock
PC Custom scope base
chamferred bolt

from what I've seen so far, it's the nicest rifle I've ever had, and has unlimited possibilities provided the shooter gets his act together.

thanks to all who have helped and put up with my sometimes insane questions.

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey Strat

How's that barrel perform?I'm wantin' to build a new huntin rig and keep the weight down.I put one together for my dad but used Butler Creeks barrel:rolleyes: It doesn't shoot bad,but I wasn't exactly pleased with the look.(kinda cheap).

How ya like the Monarch?I've got a Buckmaster that I like.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Great look'in rifle,Strat

Soooooo! What are you go'in to do next.

Don't you feel another one come'in
on. :D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the parts for #2 are either in the mail or in my safe already. Numbers 3 (girlfriends) and #4 (the boy's) are in the planning stages :D

Hapnin - I don't really have a good handle on how that barrel performs yet, I put it together, it was windy and gusty when I tried it out. I got some good groups, but I also know that they will be better on a calm day. I'm not going to say anything right now, but I have a feeling it's going to be a killer rifle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.