Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot for the email matches today at 50 yds, don't know if I'll use them or not, I may try to do better - I've got an excuse, headache from he** :D

with my 10/22 GM barrel -
204/1x
210/7x

with my 10/22 VQ barrel -
212/3x
197/2x

is that fair, decent, respectable or should I just use my staple gun next time out?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
stratcat said:

is that fair, decent, respectable or should I just use my staple gun next time out?
John, It a LOT better than I did on my first try @ 50.
Good shootin' bud!!!!
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Those scores don't seem that bad. I average 219 with my cz varmint @50 yds. You are less than 10 points below that. Your 10/22 will outshoot your stapler @50 yds. Just think of the trajectory for a staple to go 50. Now at 10' we might have a contest. ;)

50 yards is so hard to shoot. The highest I have so far is 229, but most of the times I am in the high teens, low twentys. I just started shooting over wind flags for two weeks now and that has helped a lot.

One thing that I have noticed is that after shooting at 50 yds, then going back to 25 yds, my 25 yd scores went up. Maybe we should try at 75 or 100 for awhile to improve our 50 scores. You know, I might just try this.

Anyway, good luck, don't give up, and post those scores. It looks like you have a couple more elgible targets to shoot, are you feeling lucky? You never know till you try. :t

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was pissed when I scored them :( I thought I did horrible..

I may use them, may throw them out, I'll shoot again friday or saturday, I really do think I can do better.

I didn't try 25 yds, my melon hurt too bad :mad: and I have no luck even hitting the target at 100 yds.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Stratcat,
You've got the right idea going to 25yds. Shoot at that range till your putting up some good scores. Then move out to 50. The experience at 25 will pay off when you go out to 50.

And don't get mad at yourself if the scores aren't what you think they should be.........Get mad at somebody else! Its all their fault! :D JL

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rimfire Junkie said:
...hehehe, you ain't never seen Strats Stapler! :D
LMAO!!! :D

yeah man, my stapler has a 40x44 scope on it, CO2 powered, I've got the accuracy at 25 yds but not real consistent at 50 yet, I'm putting on a longer barrel, goint to try a 1:9 twist and some heavier staples :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.