Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Weihrauch single shot rifle that I am led to believe is a H60 model.
There are two adjustment screws, one,a 2M through the forward end of the trigger guard and the second is a 4M immediately in front of the guard. Using these hex screws, I can adjust for weight of pull and sear engagement but need to remove some of ( all ) the first stage which I find too long.
Any assistance appreciated and a scanned diagramme would really help.
Thanks in advance,
hawk 2

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you are talking about the HW660 you can get a creep free single stage trigger that is like a set trigger and breaks at about two or three ozs if you want.

What you have to do is cock the action and turn the gun over and turn the allen screw in through the hole in the trigger guard untill the striker falls.

Turn the screw back out about a half turn and try the trigger. You have have to move the screw back in or out to get it the way you want it.

The screw in front of the trigger guard may have to be backed out a bit also or you can't get rid of thye two stage feature.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G'Day Cornbread 2
Thanks for your response, the model I have is HW60M, a single shot action. Don't know if the triggers are the same on both rifles, but I seem to have a looong first stage. the trigger breaks quite cleanly at around three ounces but cant get rid of the pre stage. Have been using Arnold Jewell's triggers in my center fire gear and have been spoiled I guess. Maybe this model is "two stage only".
Regards,
Hawk 2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello again Cornbread 2,
Had a closer look at the trigger,had to take it out of the rifle, and it appears that there had been some aftermarket mod's done in relation to the springs. one looked like it had come from a plastic ball point pen.Have replaced them and all is well. The rifle was purchased second hand by the way.
Thanks for your advise
Hawk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.