Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
weaver T6

Only thing I can tell you about the scope is its made for Benchrest hunter class competition that limits you to 6x. Leupold and Burris have similar models. You could probably get a more versitile scope for the money or for less

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a T6, with the .375 dot, mounted on a Custom Remington 541 that I use to shoot the 7.5 lb. class in IR50/50. After the initial sighting in process I have not had to touch the adjustments on this scope, it is solid as a rock. If I had a need for another 6X scope Weaver would be my first choice. Best value for the money. Good Shooting, AL

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks AL!

for your input. One thing I am concerned about is the .375 (3/8") dot size. I would be using the scope for both squirrel hunting and informal target shooting on my Win. 52B sporter. I doubt I will get into formal competition. Do you think the .375 dot would work well for my purposes? TIA

Edited to add:
I was just on Weaver's site and they show the dot as .210 vs .375 inch. Are you sure your's is .375 (special order maybe)? Regards!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I do know that it is a very small dot when you put against a target that's fifty yards away. With that said this scope would not be well suited for squirrel hunting. It's hard enough for me to see the dot against a white target, I would think that it would be impossible against a squirrel in a tree. I would then consider the Weaver K6 with a Duplex cross-hair which would be my choice for hunting. As with all things this is just my humble opinion. AL

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks AL,

That's what I thought might be the case. I have a Leupy 6X I was considering sending off to Premier Reticles to be set up for rimfire. Maybe I'll go that route. I sure like that Weaver. OH well....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.