Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a set of see-through weaver rings for my 10/22 (around $12 at Walmart). These are the kind that mount right onto the receiver without the need for the factory rail, and allows to use the iron sights. Has anyone here used these? What do you think about them? I am planning to put a 3-9x40 Simmons scope on it. Any experiences with this setup? How about recommendations on alternate setups?

·
Registered
486 Posts
How do they mount on the reciever? DO they screw into the holes for the base? I haven't heard anything good about see-through rings. Either do iron sights, or get yourself a good 4 power, like a Leupold or Burris. Red dot sight would be a good compromise as well.

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
I use these rings and am very happy with them. Especially if you have a 50 mm Objective lens, the rings will keep the scope off the barrel and you can see the iron sites. This also helps for bore sighting. Set the irons, then look through the scope and see if it is set to the same point. Makes it easy.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yep, got 'em on my Wally World Special with the silver Simmons 3-9X40 - nice setup for a plinker/squirrel rifle. The irons are dead-on at 25 yards, scope is zeroed for 50 yards.

I've got a TO9 rail stashed away if I decide to get serious.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a set on the 10-22 that I squirrel hunt with. I like them a lot even thaught adout buying a set for my other 10-22 but I don't shoot it that much si I din't realy need them. I also have a set on my Savage 10ML and a set on my Mossberg 500.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If you're going to put them on a field gun you may want to take into account their durability.
I had the same set from Walmart and while fumbling around with the gun in the trunk of the car I banged the scope a little. It turns out I bent the front ring downward.
Not saying they're bad, but if you're not careful it is possible to bend them because they're pretty thin aluminum.
I just took them back to Walmart and waited til I got a PC base and Millet rings to mount my scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.